Chapter 23-Michaela's POV

Chapter 23

Michaela's POV

I wake up to someone snoring their ABC's. Is Avery sleep talking again? Na. If it was him, he'd be talking about Lady Gaga. Or the guy in the Gangham Style video. I walk out of mine and Kevin's tent and see Jade tied to a tree. I look over to my left and see Gale and Avery laughing. Then I have an funny idea.

"Avery! Come here!" He runs over to me.

"Ya?" I lean toward and whisper my idea in his ear. He smiles and nods.

"You get the squirrel, I'll get the pillow case." I say. He smiles and nods. He runs into the woods and I get a pillow case from my tent. I come outside and see Avery holding a squirrel by the neck and in one hand and a rabid dog in the other.

"Look Michaela!" He holds up the squirrel. Poor squirrel's face is turning blue. "I got a squirrel!" He holds up the rabid dog. "And a hamster!" The dog growled. "Mr. Ham! Calm down!" He looks at me. "He already bit me." he says while pointing to his neck. It was covered in blood! How didn't I notice this!

"Avery! You're bleeding!!" He looks at his neck.

"This isn't blood. It's ketchup. I put it on for fashion. It really compliments the color of my eyes, don't you think? But Mr. Acorns gave me this boo boo!" He holds up his finger. There's not anything on it.

"Avery I don't see anything. And who's Mr. Acorns?" I ask. Avery holds up the squirrel.

"That's what I named the squirrel!" He named a squirrel Mr. Acorns? Only Avery would do that. I hold open the pillow case.

"Put the squirrel in here." He shakes his head.

"Mr. Acorns!" I sigh.

"Fine. Put Mr. Acorns in the case." He does. I spin it around and tie it in a knot. I smile at him.

"Q, R, S, T, U. Huh? Wait a second, why an I tied to a tree!?" Aww, Jade's awake. We were just about to have fun!

"Untie me!" Avery and I ignore him and start running around camp.

"IT'S A PILLOW!!! IT'S A PET!!!!! IT'S A PILLOW PET!!!" We both yell as we run around camp. James comes out of the tent.

"Guys! What are you doing?! Why is Jade tied to a tree?! Why aren't you doing anything Gale?!" He yells. Gale was sitting on a lawn chair, eating popcorn.

"I'm watching the show." He says with a shrug. He turns back to us. James face palms and unties Jade. Jade marches over to us.

"What's in the bag?" I hide it behind my back.

"Nothing..." I trail off. He grabs it from me and opens it. Mr. Acorns jumps on his face.

"The squirrel's attacking me! The squirrels attacking me!" Avery laughs.

"He's just trying to be your friend. And his name is Mr. Acorns!" he says. Jade pulls Mr. Acorn off. Avery holds up the dog.

"Look Jade! I found a hamster!" Jade jumps back.

"Avery! That's a rabid dog!" Avery rolls his eyes.

"Silly Jade. It's not a rabbit. It's a hamster. That reminds me, do we have any carrots? Mr. Ham wants some." Avery says. Jade stares at him while holding Mr. Acorn away from his face. Haha! Even the squirrel's giving Avery that look. I grab Mr. Acorns. He shall be my pet. I walk over to the tree Jade was tied to and get some rope. Then I make a collar and leash for Mr. Acorns. I walk back to Jade and Avery with him in my arms.

"Okay...Come on. We need to get going." Jade says. Heather comes out of her tent and looks at Jade.

"What happened to your face? Its more ugly than it was last night." He glares at her.

"Don't ask." She shrugs and walks away.

After we all get up, Kevin took forever to wake up, we all go to are motorcycles. Avery gets on his and starts doing doughnuts.

"Hey! Mine's not starting up!" Gale yells. He tries starting it up again. It coughs then dies. Jade came over to it.

"It looks like something chewed the wires." he says while rubbing his chin. That's when Mr. Ham runs by with some wires in his mouth.

"Hey! That dog broke my bike!" Gale yells. Mr. Ham jumps in Avery's lap. Avery hugs him. Look, I know I should tell him the dog's mad, but he's always wanted a dog. Plus, he's kinda cute, if you can ignore all the foam coming out of his mouth.

"Mr. Ham was just playing!! And he's not a dog!! He's a hamster!" Avery yells. Jade rolls his eyes and turns back to the bike.

"Maybe we can fix it." He walks over to his tent and gets some tools.

"Can we fix it?!" I yell. "No we can't because we're all clueless on how to use a hammer!" Jade rolls his eyes.

"Why would we use a hammer for this?" I shrug.

"Like I care. Me and Mr. Acorn are going on a walk. Bye." I say. I turn around and walk towards the woods with Mr. Acorns.

"Michaela!" I turn around. Jade tosses me my bow and quiver of arrows. I catch them.

"Take them with you. Jake's army could be anywhere. In fact, Noah, why don't you go with her." I roll my eyes. Can you believe Jade doesn't trust me? Don't answer that. Kevin, who's in human form, shrugs and gets up.

"I'll go with them!" Don yells.

"No. Kevin and I shall go on our own. You scare everyone you Justin Bieber wanna-be." I say, not sugar-coating it. He gives me a weird look.

"Who's Justin Bieber?" I gasp. He doesn't know who Justin Bieber is?! I don't listen to his music and I still know who he is!

"He's a dude who sings like a girl." With that, I turn away and walk into the woods. Kevin follows me.

"Michaela, why do you have that squirrel on a leash?" I turn around and start walking backwards.

"His name is Mr. Acorns and he is my pet." Kevin gives me a weird look. I seem to be getting a lot of those looks down here!

"Why does Avery have a rabid dog?" I laugh.

"He thinks it's a hamster! I would tell him but, he loves the dog." Kevin gives me another weird look.

"You're crazy." I smile.

"Jealous?" He shakes his head.

"No I'm-Ahh!" A net comes up, trapping him in it. I point up at him and laugh.

"Haha! You're in a net!" He rolls his eyes.

"It's not funny. Come and cut me down." Man, I wish it was Jade up there. Then we wouldn't have to put up with him! I tie Mr. Acorns to the tree and start to climb. Once I get to where Kevin is, I take out the knife Avery let me use when we were going hunting of my pocket and start cutting.

"You know, right now's the time a spear or something flies out and stabs you like Rue in the Hunger Games." I say while cutting him down. All of the sudden, what I just said happen. The spear hits Kevin as I cut the last of the rope. He falls down and I jump out of the tree. I knell down beside him.

"Kevin! Don't go into the light!!" I yell as I slap him.

"Michaela! I'm fine! The arrow landed under my arm see!" He pulls out the arrow from between his arm. Oh. They need to take better aim!

"Oh well! Come on Mr. Acorns! Let's go!" I run over to the tree and untie him. I grab his leash and wait for Kevin to get out of the net. When he's out, we start walking back to camp when a monkey with wings comes out of the woods. Haha! A flying monkey! It stops and looks at us.

"Hey there little buddy! What's up?!" I ask him while holding my hand up for a high-five. He hisses at me and runs away. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

"Come on Michaela. We need to get back to camp before you get us killed." Kevin says. When did he turn into Jade?!