Obsession

Things progressively got worse. I felt bad for the residents of Laketown who were suffering. Bilbo had decided and I agreed wiht him to keep the arkenstone from THorin but I had to watch him grow madded by the minute. I was wearing another outfit with a blue sort of tunic top and cape with leather trousers. I was walking along with him when he spied Bilbo looking at something.

"What is that?!”He asked striding towards him. I quickly followed. “In your hand!” My eyes widened in fear for Bilbo

“It-It’s nothing.”Bilbo stammered.

“Show me.” Thorin said and Bilbo opened hs hand to reveal a small acorn.

“I picked it up in Beorn’s garden.”

“You’ve carried it all this way.”

“I’m gonna plant it in my garden, in Bag End.”

“That’s a poor price to take back to the Shire.” I saw some of the Thorin we both knew well.

“One day it’ill grow. And everytime I look at it, I’ll remember - Remember everything that happened, the good, the bad. And how lucky I am that I made it home. Thorin, I...” Bilbo was going to tell him. Suddenlt Dwalin appeared.

“Thorin, survivors...from Laketown. They are streaming into Dale. There’s hundreds of them.”Dwalin said.

“Call everyone to the gate.”Thorin said and I placed a hand on his arm.

"Thorin." I said softly.

“TO THE GATE! NOW!”He shouted and I followed him to the gate along with the rest of our company. The company was stacking piles of stone at the gate hiding us in there and we lit the braziers. “I want this fortress made safe by sunup. This mountain was hard won - I will not see it taken again.”He said as they worked.

“The people of Laketown have nothing. They came to us in need. They have lost everything.”Kili replied.

"Thorin he's right, and it's our fault that this has happened."  I said and he looked at me as if I were crazy.

“Do not tell me what they have lost. I know well enough their hardship. Those who have lived through dragonfire should rejoice. They have much to be grateful for.”He replied and I worried. I looked out to see the people of laketown lighting their braziers in reply. “More stone! BRING MORE STONE TO THE GATE!”He shouted and I stood with Bilbo. Dawn came and Thorin was in the treasure room and had made me come with him. 

"Elanor come here." He said and I walked over. "I want you to have this." He placed a beautiful necklace with gems of starlight, it was the white gems of lasgalen, the necklace that Thranduil had wanted. "The white gems of Lasgalen." He said. (Picture)

"Wouldn't you rather sell these to Thranduil for a price?" I asked.

"I'd rather see it around your neck my queen." He replied and began to kiss me going down my neck. 

"Thorin I can't not right now." I said and left to find the rest of the dwarves. He quickly stood with us as we saw Bard ride up on a white horse.  What was happening to us? What did he want?