Chapter Five

"You should know better than to start a fight over Cody with Rei!" Riley pursed out her bottom lip, hands placed on her hips dramatically.

I sighed. "Riles, the girl is delusional. I'm a guy and she thinks I was hitting on Cody just because I was talking to him." Riley nodded, still not happy.

"That isn't what she's been saying. Everybody started spreading the gossip. According to some people, you two were caught making out" Riley winked. My face heated up in an instant.

"We were not making out!" I realized I had food on my tray still and started eating. Riley's boyfriend was home sick and Andy had work to do. Angela is helping Andy out. So it was just Riley and I for lunch today. I popped a piece of chicken in my mouth.

Suddenly, someone placed a tray next to me and sat down. I looked up to see Cody.

"Hey" he smiled, "are you feeling okay?" I nodded.

"Shouldn't you be with your girlfriend? She's going to kill me if she finds out you are here" I sighed. He looked a little guilty.

"She's in lunch detention right now" he muttered, "besides, I wanted to make sure you were okay." I nodded.

"I'm fine" I replied, "really, I am."

In Science class, I sat down, dreading Rei's arrival. A minute after the bell rang, signaling class, Rei walked in and sat down. She glared at me.

"Well hello class! I will announce your partners! Then I will explain what you will be doing" Mrs.Linda explained. I zoned out until she called my name, "Kodi and Rei! You two will be studying wolves!" Rei screeched.

"Why do I need to work with that idiot?!" She screeched. I crossed my arms and stood up with her.

"Why do I need to work with the spoiled princess?" I demanded. Mrs.Linda felt uneasy under both of our glares. Everybody else was a bit indifferent.

"Well this will give you a chance to learn to work together.." the teacher tried to reason, "you guys will need to work at each others houses outside of school."

"We need to work on it soon" Rei muttered.

"I'm free tomorrow" I mumbled, "does that work? Its Saturday so we should have time."

"Yeah, fine" she hardened her features and made her seem uninterested, "I will meet you at the park closest to this school at ten in the morning. Don't be late."

"Why the park?" I asked.

"Because I don't want you at my house and I don't trust your house" she said. I sighed. Tomorrow would definitely be a long day.