Chapter Twenty

"Kodi, wake up!"

"Five more minutes, mommy.." I mumble, rolling over onto my side. Nathan, being the nice big brother he is, walks over to my bedside and yanks the covers off of me.

"Sorry bro, but we need to go shopping for your tuxedo now" Nathan tells me.

I immediately shot out of bed, completely forgetting about our plan to go shopping today. Then a bashful grin paints itself onto my features. It has been three days since Cody has asked me to go to prom with him, and I am very excited about it. Nathan had told me he was going to take me shopping today.

"Get out of my room so I can change, Nathe!" I shoo him out of the room. He laughs as he exits, pulling the door closed behind him.

It takes me about ten minutes tops to change into a new outfit-just a red shirt, a plain gray hoodie and some jeans.

I quickly run the comb through my hair until it looks decent and then I run out the door and into the living room where my brother awaits me.

"Nathe! Let's go!" I drag him off of the couch and start shoving him out the door, "we have a tux to buy!"

Half an hour later, we make it to the men's warehouse.

"May I help you?" a lady walked up to us. She had long, blond hair pulled back neatly into a ponytail. She appeared to be one of the staff here.

"We would like to rent a tux" Nathan said.

After that, I zoned out, thinking about Cody, while Nathan and her discussed my tux. I was pulled back to reality when the lady asked me a few questions. I answered, and she had me pick some options for the tux. And after that, she had me follow her so she could take my measurements.

It was a long day, so I was a little glad when it was over.

"Alright, your tux will be available for pick up on Friday" she told me, "you can return it by Monday at the latest. Good luck with your prom!" She gave a kind smile. I nodded, thanked her, and gave a polite smile back.

The prom was Saturday, and I was so excited for it, too. I couldn't help but to grin as Nathan and I walked back to the car.

I enter the car, and then look up to see Nathan smiling at me.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"I am proud of you, little bro" he says sincerely.

"Why?" he was making me even more and more confused.

"Because you have a nice hot date to prom!" he winks, "and you are doing well in school. For once, I feel like I am finally able to see you truly happy. You haven't been truly happy like this since your father. I am also proud of you for getting on better terms with him. It takes a lot of bravery to be able to forgive someone after all the abuse they put you through. I love you, Kodi."

"I love you too, Nathe!" I smile, "thank you." It really did mean a lot to me that he cared that much. He didn't have to ever let me move in with him, but because he did, he gave me the chance to completely live my life without anyone knowing I was born in the wrong body. I don't know what I would have done without him. I don't know what I will ever do if I were to lose him. He means the world to me.

"Kodi? Why are you crying?" he seemed on the verge of having a panic attack, "i'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you cry-"

I hug him tightly. "Silly!" I laugh slightly, "I don't know what I would ever do without you, Nathan. I don't want to ever lose you."

Nathan smiled as he pats my head, "don't worry, you won't, silly. Now let's get home, shall we?"

I nod and pull away from him. It was a comfortable silence as he pulls out of the driveway and heads home.

Hey everyone! Sorry for lack of updates and such a short chapter! We are nearing the end of this series :) but I hope you have enjoyed this part, as short as it may be! Also I am publishing a new book called "Bloodstone". It is an already finished piece, so you don't need to worry about lack of updates ^^ It is boyxboy and it would mean a lot if you would all check it out :) I plan on updating it once a week! Probably every Wednesday.