Chapter Two

Free At Heart chapter 2

Sighing, I opened the door to my first class, English with Mrs. Rome. My heart nearly stopped-all eyes were on me, the new student.

"Oh! Hello, are you the new student?" Mrs. Rome asked. She had bright green eyes and curly black hair. She wore glasses that had pink frames.

Gulping, I nodded, "I'm Kodi." She gave me a welcoming hug.

Smiling, she said, "Great! You can sit next to Andy and Angela in the back." Her eyes lit up in recognization, "Are you Andrew's brother?" I nodded.

"Yeah, that's me" I smiled sheepishly.

"Well, it's good to have you in class, Kodi. You may take your seat now" she lightly shoved me in the right direction. I walked over to the empty seat in between Andy and Angela. I remembered seeing Angela around Andy often when I still went to school known as Candice.

"Hey, Kodi" Andy greeted me. I smiled at my brother.

"Hey, Andy" I smiled. Angela eyed us both for a moment before a broad smile spread across her face.

"Are you Andy's twin?" Angela asked. I smiled, nodding.

"Yeah, I'm Kodi. It's a pleasure to meet my brother's girlfriend" I said. A blush spreaded across her cheeks, but she still smiled.

"It's great to meet my future brother-in-law!" now that one made Andy flush up instantly. I grinned at Andy, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh you're getting married, are you?" I asked.

"It's not official yet.." he mumbled. They had a cute relationship.

The first few classes up until lunch went by smoothly. I grabbed my tray of food and sat down at a table with Andy, Angela, Riley and her boyfriend James.

"Who's this?" James asked. I only met him once as Candice, so I didn't know him very well. Riley smiled sheepishly.

"This is my brother, Kodi!" she giggled, "not another guy you have to worry about." She hugged his arm. He seemed to relax a little and he offered me a smile.

"Hello, I'm James. Riley's boyfriend" he said. I stood up and gave him an intent stare.

"If you hurt my little sister, I will make sure you wished you were dead" I sat down and smiled as I popped a piece of chicken into my mouth, "that is all. Nice to meet you, too."

James smiled nervously at me before he leaned in to whisper into Riley's ear, "is he normally this protective?"

"Yep. Better get use to it" she chuckled before kissing his cheek, "but don't worry about it." He nodded.

Smiling, I changed the subject, "does anyone want ice cream? I want ice cream." They all turned to look at me as if I was insane. "What?" No reply. I frowned, "Fine. I'm going to return the tray."

I picked up the empty tray and walked it up to the front. On the way back I bumped into somebody, knocking me to the ground.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" I looked up into the eyes of the most handsome guy I've ever seen.