Chapter Seven

"C...Cody.." I mumbled. I was scared to tell him the truth, but I needed to if there was any chance of this relationship working.

"Yes, Kodi? Why did you ask me to meet you at the park?" he asked. Almost on cue, rain started pouring down on us, quickly drenching me and I immediately felt guilty for only wearing thin sleeves and not a heavy jacket.

"I..I wanted to tell you something" I shivered, and he took off his hoodie before slipping it over my slender frame. "W-Wait, don't you need this jacket?"

"I will live. You need it more" he smiled at me, "you were saying?" I felt my cheeks heat up at the intensity of his gaze.

"Cody...promise me you won't hate me?" I sniffled, the rain mixing in with my tears. I didn't even know why I was crying, but I felt like a big baby. He just smiled at me.

"I won't hate you" he said. I nodded.

Taking a deep breath, I looked him in the eyes, "I'm transgender. I wasn't born in the body of a male, but this is who I am." I squeezed my eyes shut as he was silent. I knew it. I knew he'd hate me. At that thought, more tears rolled down my cheeks, until he put a finger under my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"I don't hate you. It doesn't matter what gender you are, or what body you are in, I will still love you" he leaned closer. I fluttered my eyes shut when his face was just inches from mine.

I groaned as the alarm went off. What was that? Why did I dream about Cody? I just met the guy! I can't already like him. Can I?

Sighing, I got up out of bed and took a quick shower. I put on my chest binder and a black veil brides shirt, along with some dark blue jeans. I put on a panda hoodie, ending at about my knees. I loved oversized hoodies. There's just something about them that is so comfortable.

I quickly flat ironed my bangs before joining my brother in the dining room. He looked up from his food and smiled at me.

"Good morning, Kodi. Food is already on the table for you" he grinned.

"Good morning, Nathe" I sat down, "thanks."

After breakfast, Nathan drove me to school. I walked in to English class just on time as the bell rang. I sat down next to Andy and Angela, who were holding hands under the desk.

"Good morning, Andy, Angela" I smiled.

"Good morning Kodi. Why do you and Andy come to school at different times? Don't you live together?" Angela asked curiously.

"Oh, no, I live with our brother Nathan" I forced a smile.

"Why's that?" She asked. I froze up.

"Its a sensitive subject, Angela" Andy replied.

The rest of my classes up til lunch flew by rather quickly.

I was walking to the cafeteria when I saw Cody. He smiled at me.

"Hey, Kodi" he said, "can I sit at your table today?"

"What about your girlfriend?" I asked.

"Can she, too?" He looked like a sad puppy and I couldn't help but give in.

"Alright, fine" I sighed. On cue, Rei walked up to Cody and linked their arms together.

Everyone was already sat down when we arrived. We took a seat ourselves, Rei sat in between Cody and I. James, Andy, Riley and Angela sat on the other side, Riley and Angela sitting in the middle.

"What's Rei and Cody doing here?" Riley asked eagerly.

"They wanted to sit here" I replied, mumbling. She brushed off the topic.

"Okay. So apparently there's this party this week and the whole school's invited! Anyone going with me?" She smiled.

"What day?" Rei asked.

"Oh, oh, tomorrow night!" She smiled.

"Isn't that a little sudden, Riles?" I ask.

"Shush,you've always gone before no matter how sudden it was" she rolled her eyes.

"You'd look great in a dress" James winked at Riley.

"Yep, we are going" Rei kissed Cody's cheek before glaring at me, "you can't come, Kodi, you'd crash the party."

"You would probably get drunk and have sex with everyone, princess" I glared back.

"At least I know how to have fun!" She said.

"And since when is constantly being uptight and a jerk considered fun?" I retorted.

Riley pointed at me, "so you are a party crasher" she pointed to Rei, "and you're a whore. Are you guys going?" I sighed.

Mumbling, I replied, "fine, I'm going." She smiled.

"Great! It's settled then" she said enthusiastically. I only hope it won't turn out to be a disaster. But wishing everything will go alright seems to be too big of a wish. Nothing ever goes alright. If there's something that can go wrong, it will.