Chapter 18

Apirl's POV

I sat in the Divas locker room with the Bellas hoping that Katy was going to be okay. I watched the whole situation and it looked like Katy was seriously hurt. When the Bellas came in, they were worried, they had thought that Katy was informed about them coming out but obviously she wasn't.

A knock on the door stopped me from worrying about my best friend. I walk to the door and I'm met with Colby who wears a worried look on his face. Colby grabs my arm and yanks me out of the Divas locker room. "Katy needs you." Colby explains simply as we run to some room.

Colby opens the door and I walk in and see Jon and Joe by the bathroom door. I stop in and look around for Katy but then hear sobs from the bathroom. "Can you please help her, I don't think she wants us to see her like this?" Jon asks and I nod as I walk over to the bathroom door.

I knock and then speak, "Katy, its April. Open up please, I want to talk to you." I beg and the door creaks open. I slide through the door and close it as soon as I get in.

My eyes lay upon Katy who sits on the floor in front of the sink. Her eyes and cheeks were red and moist, her blue-gray hair was going in every direction, her black eye makeup was on her cheeks and her blue-gray eyes were shining brightly as they were filled with tears. I sigh and sit on the floor next to Katy.

"Hey kiddo, wanna talk about why you are in here crying?" I ask and she sighs and chokes back a sob.

"Sure." Her voice is hoarse from her crying.

"You want to get cleaned up first?" I question and Katy nods.

I get up and walk out of the bathroom and the boys jolt up from their seats. "Is she okay? Is she talking to you?" Jon asks and I chuckle.

"She is talking, I'm going to clean her up and talk to her some more. It might be awhile." I explain and the guys nod.

Colby walks over and grabs Katy's bag and then hands it to me. I nod a thank you and walk back into the bathroom and see Katy sitting on the sink now. I place Katy's bag on the toilet seat and search through her bag for makeup remover. "Very front pocket." Katy mumbles and I nod.

I unzip the pocket and find the blue pack of makeup remover wipes. I take a wipe out and start wiping off the black makeup on Katy's cheeks. I notice her stitches just beneath her eye. I frown and take in her black-purple eye that is half closed.

"Are you going to be okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'll live." Katy mumbles and stares at the white wall behind me.

"So I'm guessing you didn't know about the Bellas coming out there to ruin the match."

"Nope."

"Is that why you were crying?"

"Not really."

"Why were you crying?"

"I'm in a lot of pain and I made a fool of myself out there. I was supposed to come back and be better than ever and this is what happens. I was left in the dust out there, I had no clue what was going on. Maybe they didn't tell me so it would be a bigger surprise but I didn't know how I was supposed to defend myself."

"I talked to Nikki and Brie. They said they thought you knew. The plan was to throw you into the stairs and barricade but then have the guys come back you up, showing that you and your hounds are a team."

"How is that supposed to show how we are a team?"

"They were there to protect you, they fight for you. What they did out there was instinct, not what they were told to do."