Chapter 17

Katy's POV

The car ride to the next town consisted of me texting April about where to meet, eating some crappy store brand chips Joe bought, listening to Colby's music and Jon complaining that the music sucked every ten seconds and asked if we were there yet.

As soon as we pulled into the parking lot of the hotel, I jumped out of the car and had warm air hit me. The sun was shining and it looked like it was going to be a decent day. I grab my suitcases and run inside to get my key so I can get to April quickly.

I decide to not take the elevator because it was taking forever so I jogged up three flight of stairs with all of my luggage. When I reach my room I am beginning to pant and I open my door. I notice the nicely made white bed and I throw my stuff on it. I grab my wallet from one of my bags and my phone, I check to make sure I don't look like I just ran up the stairs. After feeling satisfied, I open my door and head to the elevator.

The elevator dings and the doors open to reveal Jon, Joe and Colby. "Someone is in a rush." Joe jokes and I nod and push them out of way and get onto the elevator.

"Don't be late tonight!" Colby shouts and I roll my eyes, I'm never late.

I walk into the lobby and head outside to the buses in the parking. I have thought about getting a bus but now that I have to travel with the boys, I'm against it. A bus seems nice though, a bed to sleep after a show as someone drives you to the next town, it's like a small house. I'm starting to want one again.

I walk over to Phil's bus and knock knowing April will be in there. The door swings open to reveal Phil, Phil smiles at me but doesn't say anything. "Phil, where is April?" I ask and as soon as I ask I hear my best friend's laugh come from inside the bus.

"Oh sorry right, you two are going out. She is in here, you can come in." Phil finally speaks and I nod as I walk into the bus.

I look around the bus. On the left there is a stove and microwave with some cabinets along with it, which probably contain dishes and glasses. On the left is a sitting area where I spot my best friend with a very familiar face. "Kofi!" I exclaim and Kofi turns in his seat to smile at me.

"If it isn't Katy, the new hound of justice. The girl with the new hair color. The girl-"

"I get it Kofi." I mumble as I interrupt him. Kofi stands up and hugs me.

Kofi pulls away and smiles at me. "I haven't seen you in a while, well at least I haven't had a conversation with you in about a month." Kofi rambles.

"I got it bud. I just wanted to go out with my best friend and I honestly feel so violated right now." I joke and April stands up and walks towards me.

"Let's go before Kofi begins to go on about you being the girl who again." April smirks and I laugh as we jog out of the bus. "How have you been?" April asks and I shrug as a breeze drifts through the air.

"I've been okay, how have you been?" I question.

"Little ole me? I've been amazing." April gushes and I half smile at her knowing how happy she is with Phil. "So why did I get a phone call from Brie late last night saying she was worrying about you?"

"There was an altercation and I had to leave the club early for it."

"Jon and Colby I am guessing."

"How did you-"

"It's so obvious that those two don't get along because of you. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just that they both like you and now Colby is your on screen boyfriend."