I am the Alpha - Part 10

Authroz Notes:

Hey again :) Another short one but you guys seem to prefer a constant stream of upload instead of long ones, correct me if i'm wrong

Hope u like it

Comment, Like, Vote! 

xx

-------------------------------------------

Edited: 22/8/11

---

~Jack~

Damn it Erin, why’ve you to got make everything so god damned difficult? Did she not expect me to call dad? We all could feel the lack of her power which usually wraps itself around her wherever she goes. It’s that power that makes other wolves fear our pack. Not that they wouldn’t fear us anyway but Erin’s power is unique and extremely dominant over all wolves she meets.

It better come back..... If it doesn’t Erin might have to leave the pack. None of us want that.

“Ummm....” Erin stalls responding to Chase’s simple question

“Erin, just tell us,” I command She takes a few deep breaths closing her eyes leaning back onto Sam who is sitting behind her. I can feel her presence in the link but no sounds or messages.

: ‘Erin?’ :

: ‘Hey’ :  Her voice finally breaks through the connection but she was barely audible.

“Ouch, crap that hurts!” She winces now looking pale and weak again.

I find myself leaning closer to her automatically making sure she’s okay. She had slumped herself back so she is now completely using Sam for support. Sam’s arms are wrapped around her, trying to comfort her. I try not to growl at the close embrace. He’s just comforting her, get a grip!  Mitch who had be acting like a stuffed toy for the last hour or so presses himself closer to her side and rests his massive head on her knees. After a few seconds she starts smiling down at him and patting him on the head absentmindedly.

Usually werewolves hate being petted or even touched. It is demeaning! But Erin seems to have been made the exception, she has always ran her hands through our fur to calm us down or comfort us, she always enjoyed sitting in the meadow in human form while we prefer to stay in wolf sometimes. If she needs to think she always goes into the forest as a wolf but when she reaches her destination she transforms.

At first dad used to refuse to let her do it, but then when she was sitting in human form in the glade next to the house while we were out running in wolf form, we found a rouge pack sneaking around our territory and were about to go into battle. Then Erin suddenly appeared next to us in human form and the pack ran for the hills at her power. We were so confused, she had been miles away, we hadn’t called her or sent her any warning but she just appeared and saved us from having a fight. She said she just new and left it at that.

Erin seemed to end up showing up whenever one of us had an issue and she just needed to stroke our fur and we would start to feel better. Erin is as rough as they get but she has a soft side as well which the council decided she must have been born with the balance that is needed for an Alpha, lucky shit.

“I feel like there’s a haze in my mind preventing me from getting proper access to the connection, I can reach you all but it hurts to put myself into the stream. But I don’t feel limited, just weak I have a feeling that my mind just needs time to heal itself, don’t ask me how I know, I just do.”

“Okay lil’ sis try to go back to sleep, I’m going to wait for dad to come home and get the healer as well.” I tell her gently before walking out of the room.

“Jack?”

I stop and look back at Erin who meets my gaze staring into my eyes and I see the thankfulness and love in hers. I also see understanding, she knows I can’t stay here and just watch her, watching her at the moment is like looking at an empty shell. An empty shell, that only days ago had been my sister.

“I love you Jack” She whispers weakly before letting herself fall under for the third time.