I am the Alpha - Part 43

Hey,

So i promised i'd update sooner and TADAH! here is the next part.

I wish i could have kept writing from the end of this part but i need to do some good research and form a basis of how i want them to act as wolves. Being an author/writer it's best if you become your character; thinking like them as you write but i'm going to need a tad more time before i become a wolf for you guys : ]

Thanks once again to my amazing commenters and voters and fans!

Please know that any constructive critism is very welcome, in fact it is encouraged!! :) (that sounds so retarded but you get the point)

ella

---

**Jack**

I wait for the objects to come towards me as they are flung through the air in every direction. Seb and Calum are slowly getting better at the game, I wonder how they’re going to handle it when Erin makes us stop using the link and fend for ourselves. Without thinking my hand snaps up to grab the ball flying towards Jordan passing within inches of my shoulder. I then fling it up in the air so it soars over the guys landing in Erin’s outstretched hand. She flings it at Calum who also grabs it almost automatically but with slight hesitation.

Erin: Nice

I can feel Seb bristling at the praise, someone’s jealous. All of a sudden three new objet some soaring out of Matt and Mitch’s hands. Where did they come from? The objects soar towards Seb and Calum at an intense speed. Calum hesitates once again but gets a decent pack worthy catch while Seb also manages to do the same but acquiring two objects. Then all is still. “Good, now you can all open your eyes.” Erin’s voice calls out and Seb and Calum slip out of the link relieving a pressure I didn’t even realise was there until now.

I open my eyes and the clearing is all of a sudden engulfing me, my eyes taking a moment to adjust to using my eyes. Though I am no longer focusing on the air or the link I now feel as if I know this clearing and the forest directly around it like the back of my hand. I’ve got to give Erin props, I wouldn’t have thought of doing that.

“Dude, that was awesome!” Calum yells out suddenly.

“Ah youngens and their first encounters....” Chase states like an old philosopher. One of the objects from before suddenly sails through the air towards Chase from Calum’s direction. Chase realizes at the last moment and grabs the thing.... Damn it. “Now that was uncalled for, learn to respect your elders!!!” Chase yells still in his philosopher persona.

“Yes wise and old Ace.” Sam cries out walking over to him and bowing low. “Please share some more locks of your ancient wisdom!!!!” I burst out laughing along with everyone else except Chase who is now scowling at us all.

“I’m surprised he even has any locks left after all these years...” Mitch mutters under his breath creating another outburst of howling laughter from everyone including me. Chase flicks his brown hair out of his eyes and holds his head high waiting for us to shut up. Not likely anytime soon.

After about 3 minutes of echoing laughter Erin finally manages to stop herself and gets up off the ground which she was sprawled out on. “Who’s up for a hunt?” Everyone goes silent in excitement. A hunt? Fuck yes!!! There is nothing better than going on a hunt in wolf form with the pack. It’s still silent but Erin speaks as if replying to us, “I’ll take that as a yes.”

My skin was trembling at the thought of a hunt, a full pack hunt with nine wolves....

“Wolf time boys,” Erin calls out as she takes her hair out. I’ve never understood why she does that but apparently it hurts when it snaps and flings off, sometimes hitting her in the process. A werewolf worried about a bloody hair tie. I shake my head at the thought making Erin give me a dirty look before a sharp pain hits me sharply on the forehead. Ouch, what the heck was that?