Proposal~🌸

Kojiro

  I was just finishing my shift at the restaurant when Kaoru came in, looking tired. I pulled out a seat for him at the bar and got him some wine. He smiled at me and I stroked his hair back as the last few people left the restaurant. 

  "Long day?" I asked him and he nodded his head, taking a sip of the wine.

  "I had a lot of paperwork to fill out," he said. "This wine is horrible, boneheaded gorilla."

  "You finished all the good stuff, douche," I told him. "I'm not getting any more until next week."

  He sighed and I smiled at him, thinking about how much I loved him. We had been dating for three years, and I loved every second of our time together. I put my arm around his shoulders and waved the rest of the staff goodbye when they left for the day. Kaoru also said goodbye to them and they smiled.

  "Do you think you could take a day off tomorrow?" I asked him, playing with his hair.

  "I'm not sure," he said. "If I take a day off, my work will only be set back."

  "I see," I sighed. "You work too hard, four eyes."

  "I have to," he murmured, taking another sip of the wine. "I've managed to get this far, I don't want to lose it all."

  "I get that," I told him. "We didn't get where we are now overnight. You're a famous AI calligrapher with an assistant you've programmed yourself, and I'm the actual owner of my dream Italian restaurant, Sia La Luce."

  "It's crazy," Kaoru said with a small smile. "If someone said to us seven years ago that we would be where we are today, I would have laughed in their face."

  "And then you would have probably punched them," I laughed.

  Kaoru laughed as well and we looked at each other for a minute, smiling and enjoying each other's company. I held my partner's hand and kissed it lightly. He blushed and squeezed my hand gently before yawning. I chuckled and pulled him closer to me, playing with his hair.

  "We'll both take the day off tomorrow," I told him. "We can go on a date."

  "Yes, it is our anniversary after all," Kaoru replied, kissing my cheek.

  I kissed him on the lips and stood up, picking him up in the process. He wrapped his legs around my waist and deepened the kiss before resting his head on my shoulder. I stroked his hair and took him into the back room where I put him on the sofa. I kissed him one last time before moving away slightly.

  "I'm just going to clean up, okay?" I said to him. "I'll be about twenty minutes."

  "Let me help you," he said firmly, standing up.

  I chuckled and we tidied up the restaurant together. Kaoru washed up our glasses and put everything away. I cleaned the floor and tables and Kaoru made sure that everything was neat. I got changed and picked my bag up before turning the lights off and closing the restaurant. We got into my car and I drove to Kaoru's place. He got out and I rolled down the window to kiss him.

  "Get some sleep, okay?" I said, gently stroking his face. "We'll go on a picnic date tomorrow, so if you want anything, message me before ten tomorrow, and I can get it for you."

  "Sure," he said, and I saw a very faint blush on his cheeks. "Just don't get the wrong thing, you stupid gorilla."

  "You really doubt me that much, nerd?" I said with a smile.

  Kaoru gave me a small smile before walking to his house. I waited for him to go in and then drove off. I was going to take Kaoru to his favourite park, and then we'd walk around the art museum close by. The day would end with me taking him to the large sakura tree and asking him to marry me.