Christmas pt.1~🌸

Kojiro

  "Looks like I won, pinky," I said, picking up my skateboard and putting my arm around Kaoru.

  "You only won because of your muscles, you dim-witted gorilla," he said, kicking me in the ass.

  I chuckled and put him into a headlock, messing up his hair. He punched me and the two of us started bickering again. I smiled at him and he smiled back before sighing.

  "I guess I'm spending Christmas with you then," he said, picking up his board.

  "Don't bring your girlfriend," I laughed as he cradled his board protectively.

  "Carla is not my girlfriend, she's my assistant," he retorted, glaring at me. "And she's better company than you are."

  A vein popped on my forehead and I grinned at him. "Sure, tell yourself that."

  I shook my head and we climbed into my car. It was a week before Christmas and I challenged Kaoru to a beef to see if he would be spending Christmas with me. I can't tell if he lost on purpose or not, but I like to think that he wanted to spend time with me.

  "It's gonna be so much fun," I told him.

  "Sure," he replied, blushing slightly. "I'm looking forwards to it."

  I drove to his house and we sat in my car for a while, not saying anything. Kaoru was playing with his hands and looked like he wanted to say something. I smiled at him and put my arm around his shoulders, pulling him into a quick hug.

  "I... apologise for earlier," he muttered quietly. "I shouldn't have kicked you."

  "It's okay, megane," I said, stroking his hair. "I know how competitive you get."

  He shook his head and looked out of the window. He still didn't get out of the car and I smiled. I stroked his cheek and put my head close to his.

  "I can come in with you if you'd like," I told him.

  "No thank you," he replied, opening the door. "I plan on getting sleep tonight, and you need to be able to walk in the morning."

  "Bold of you to assume I'd let you top me," I chuckled.

  "They do say that the cherry goes on top," he smirked, getting out of the car.

  I laughed and watched him walk into his house before driving off. I still had to decorate my house and put up the tree before Kaoru came to visit. Why were the holidays always such a stressful time? My restaurant would be packed for the next few days, so I only had a few hours in the evening to get ready. Thank God I closed the restaurant from the 23rd of December.

  I parked my car and grabbed my board, sighing as I walked into the house. I took my jacket off and hung it up before flopping down onto my sofa. I groaned into the cushions and pulled my phone. I smiled and texted Kaoru goodnight before dragging my lazy ass to my room and falling asleep on my bed.

  Christmas Eve

  I was just putting up the final decorations outside of my house, something I had been doing every year since I came back from Italy, when I saw Kaoru on his skateboard. I smiled at him and waved, jumping down from the ladder. He smiled at me and I pulled him into a hug, taking his bags off of him.

  "Sorry I'm so late," he said. "I had to deal with some stuff."

  "It's okay, but I wish you didn't work on Christmas Eve," I said, kissing his cheek and taking his bags into the house. "You can either stay in the guest bedroom or share with me, you can choose."