Competition~🌸

Kaoru

  I packed my stuff up at the end of the lesson and walked to my calligraphy club with Kojiro. He smiled at me and ruffled my hair and I elbowed him in the ribs.

  "Get your hands off my hair, you stupid muscle gorilla," I laughed when he got me into a headlock and started messing with my hair even more.

  "No can do, four-eyes," he said, sticking his tongue out.

  "I'm wearing my contacts, dumb-ass," I pouted and kicked him in the knee.

  Kojiro let go of me and I ran away from him, laughing. I turned and saw that he was clutching his knee and I instantly felt bad. I walked towards him and put my hand on his shoulder, ready to apologise. Kojiro stood up and threw me over his shoulder, laughing. I can't believe I fell for that.

  "Get off of me!" I yelled, hitting his back. "I swear to God, Ko, if you don't put me down I won't skate with you for a week."

  "As much as I want to believe you, princess, we both know that's not gonna happen."

  Kojiro carried me to the calligraphy classroom and put me down by the door He quickly fixed my hair and hugged me before walking off. "I'll be waiting outside for you," he said.

  I nodded and waved him off before entering the classroom. There weren't many people in this club, only about eight of us. I sat down and pulled my brushes and ink out of my bag. Our teacher was giving us instructions on the basics and I slowly relaxed. Calligraphy was something I was really into. I wanted to build my future around it. And skateboarding, of course.

  The session soon ended and I examined my work for the day. It said Always with you. It was one of the better pieces I had done and I smiled. I should give this to Kojiro. I packed up my things and was about to leave when the teacher called me back.

  "Kaoru," he said, smiling at me. "I have some good news for you."

  "What is it, sensei?" I asked, sitting opposite him.

  "There's a calligraphy competition happening in Tokyo between all of the Japanese schools. Each school can enter one contestant, and I would like to enter you," He said with a smile.

  My eyes widened and I gave him a large smile. This was what I needed. If I won this competition, my future dream of a calligraphy business might become a reality. I stood up and bowed.

  "Thank you, sensei," I said. "I'd be happy to compete."

  We spoke through the details and I left the classroom. I ran outside and saw Kojiro skating around. He caught my eye and waved as I jumped on my board and skated towards him.

  "Hey, how was it?" He asked me as we skated back to my house.

  "It was great," I said with a smile. "Sensei is entering me into a competition in Tokyo."

  We stopped skating and Kojiro pulled me into a hug. I laughed and hugged him back, pressing my face into his neck. He smelled nice, like musky vanilla. I started to blush and stepped back, turning my head away from him. I've had a crush on Kojiro for years now, but I couldn't tell him that. I was almost certain that he was straight, and I didn't want to ruin things between us.

  When we got to my house we went straight to my room. The competition was in a week and I had to pack my stuff. Kojiro was laying on my bed and watching something on my tv. I rolled my eyes and finished packing, putting my suitcase under my bed and sat next to Kojiro.

  "I have something for you," I said, pulling the calligraphy scroll out of my bag.

  I handed it to Kojiro and he read it, smiling widely. He put it down and pulled me into a hug, burying his head in my neck. I wrapped my arms around him and we sat like that for a few minutes.