Meeting All Might pt.2

All Might's POV

The kid had a good goal, I'm not going to deny it. In fact, having such amazing ideals is rare in this generation. To top it off, he's quirkless! What are the odds? He's… me. Well, the past me but yet, me. He wants to become a hero without a quirk as I did when I was young.

For a moment there, I wanted to tell him about One For All but then I realised that the kid is practically a stranger to me. When Sensei told me about One For All, she had known me for well over a few months. She had observed and judged my worthiness in that time and chose me as her successor.

But that isn't the case here. I don't know who the kid is or what kind of a person he is. The last time I met a teenager, she had spouted great morals. A week later, I found her bullying a homeless man. I admit that the kid's eyes screamed truth and desperation but sadly, being the No.1 hero for such a long time, I've learned not to trust anyone easily.

I couldn't tell him about my quirk. I know how dangerous it is to be a hero. Being one without a quirk? It's scary. I remember realising just how terrifying and deadly our job is after I was assigned my first mission. I barely made it out alive with a powerful quirk and today's missions are far more lethal. I can't just agree and let the kid kill himself on a mission. I can't say he can become a hero knowing that he's going to die. It's a suicide, a suicide I'm instigating in one way and my conscience can't accept it.

Izuku's POV

The view from up here seems rather nice. No one's around, I'm alone.. Just like I've been my entire life. I look down to see the almost empty street. Maybe… maybe I should take Kacchan's advice. Maybe I should pray that I get a quirk in the next life and just-

"No matter what anyone says, sweetie, I believe in you. You can become a hero. I love you, Izuku"

What am I thinking?! No.. NO! I shouldn't be thinking this way! Mom! Oh my god! I didn't even realise that I was so close to the edge! I stumbled back and fell onto the floor. Kami! I wasn't even in my senses!

Mom always supported me. She has always been by my side. Was I going to abandon her? Just because some idiot who's dead to me 'adviced' me to jump? God, I'm going crazy. No.. I can't do this! I shouldn't be thinking this way. Mom always works so hard to make my life better and I just- no, bad Izuku.

I didn't even realise that I had started crying. So what if All Might says it's dangerous? I'm going to become a hero no matter what. Also, I need to talk to mom. I need to come clean. She deserves to know what I was thinking because she loves me.

I knocked on the door and soon found myself walking towards my house. I frowned at the commotion and was confused as to why All Might was peeking around the corner of a building. Whatever, I don't want anything to do with that man. I pushed through the crowd only to be horrified as the same sludge villain who attacked me was now holding a woman hostage. She was desperately trying to claw at the sludge but failing. The heroes, Kamui Woods and Death arms, were just standing there with fear on their faces. Who the heck gave them their licenses?

I have no idea when I moved but right now I am barely 6 feet away from the sight. I could hear people shouting at me but I couldn't care less. I have to save her! What should I do? What should I do?!? Right!

Aim for its eye!

I quickly grabbed my backpack and tossed it at the creature's eye. With a loud shriek, the villain pulled back from the woman's mouth, allowing her to breathe. I wasted no time in pulling her out with force- thank god I've been training. All might appeared- oh now you appear?- and punched the sludge, which resulted in rain, yay. The woman was crying and I was dragged away by Death arms.