Part 17

Common room

"Right away, Sensei" Iida complied sincerely, chopping the air before disconnecting the common telephone line.

"What did Sensei want?" Mina asked, popping some popcorn into her mouth.

"Todoroki-kun, Sensei wants you at his office now" the ravenette informed, doing his classic boi movements.

Todoroki nodded and stood up, gathering his jacket. Kaminari cocked his head towards the dual quirk user, brows touching his forehead "Didn't sensei ask you to stay back after class yesterday?"

Shouto nodded again, "He did seem pretty angry yesterday. Did anything happen?" Jirou inquired, twirling her ear jacks.

"Not much. He came across some news about Endeavour. He asked me to stay back for the same"

There was a collective "oh"

"DUNCE FACE GIVE ME THE REMOTE!" A certain blonde yelled, starting yet another ruckus. Shouto sighed and slipped out of the chaotic dorms, heading towards Eraserhead's office to meet this interesting character.
…………………….

"I must agree, Kitten. These analyses are…. Top notch" Aizawa mumbled in awe. Izuku had just shown him his analysis of Eraserhead and the latter would be lying if he said he wasn't intimidated.

The greenette looked up with stars in his eyes "Really??"

"Mhm.. yes" The elder replied, not meeting the kid's eyes. Izuku was too cute and bright for a teen and Eraserhead, being the noir-esque person he was, didn't know how to react to such vibrance.

They looked up at the sound of knocking on the door and Aizawa exhaled. It had to be Shouto.

"Come in, Todoroki" he replied and Izuku tensed. He might be an extroverted bundle of sunshine but he had his own apprehensions about friendships, especially after his horrible one with Katsuki.

Todoroki opened the door, walked in without looking at anyone and closed the door before giving his full attention to the people inside. His eyes first landed on his teacher and then to the starry eyed greenette in the chair. His first thoughts were 'too bright'

Aizawa got up from his seat and leaned onto the table "Todoroki, this is my son"

Izuku's mouth took an 'O' shape while Todoroki seriously fought a chuckle.

"Todoroki Shouto" the dual quirk user introduced himself in his usual monotone.

Izuku grinned and extended his hand "Midoriya Izuku"

"I'll go get something for us to eat" Aizawa mumbled and walked away without waiting for a response. Izuku turned to his new friend and scratched his neck.

"So.. h-how are you doing?"

Shouto's piercing eyes landed on the greenette only to soften, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips "I'm.. better. Thanks to you"

"Me?" Izuku asked with wide eyes "What did I do?"

Shouto thought that having such big and bright eyes should be made illegal. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and lowered his gaze "I never told anyone about my life and it was starting to bother me. I thought I could never be saved unless I gave myself up for breaking out. But then you happened. Because of you, Aizawa sensei got to know about my past and now I feel better that there is someone who knows about me. Thank you"

The greenette stared at Shouto with soft eyes before pulling him into a warm hug. The dual quirk user froze, not used to such affection but quickly melted when he felt a hand rubbing his back.

"Don't thank me, Shouto-kun" he said and pulled back to look at the slightly taller teen with a beaming smile "you're my friend now!"

And just like that, the stoic CandyCane became the bright broccoli's man Friday.

Aizawa entered the room with a tray that consisted of three sandwiches, two glasses of juice, a strong coffee for himself and some chips. He was surprised to see the distant and silent kid smiling (though barely noticeable) and conversing with his 'son' like he was used to it. That brought a smile on Shouta's face which apparently did not go unnoticed by Shouto.

"I see you two are getting along," Aizawa said, placing the tray on the table.

"Yeah!! Shouto-kun was talking about his quirk! Isn't it cool, Aizawa-san? He's got two quirks!!! I mean it's half-cold and half-hot! There's so much he could do with it! Hecouldusehisicetofreezeandlocktheenemyandthenusehisfiretounfreezethemitwouldbesoeasyandoh!doesithelphimmakewatertoo?becausehecanusehisiceandfiretomakewat-"

(He could use his ice to freeze and lock the enemy and then use his fire to unfreeze them. It would be so easy and oh! Does it help him make water too? Because he can use his ice and fire to make wat-)

Aizawa and Shouto exchanged worried and frightened glances before the former snapped Izuku out of his thoughts by shaking his shoulder.

The greenette looked at their scared faces and bit his lip sheepishly "I started mumbling again, didn't I?"

"Yeah. Does that happen often?" Shouto asked curiously.

"Eh? Hehe.. well, it's.. it runs in the family" Izuku sighed "S-sorry"

"Hey" Aizawa chuckled, "you don't have to apologise. It's funny and cute"

Izuku grinned like a thousand suns and giggled at Aizawa's face because the elder was clearly struggling to hold an informal conversation.

Meanwhile, Shouto just blinked at his ever stoic teacher. 'Did he just say cute?'