Part 15

Thirteen showed up soon since they didn't have any class at UA, even though there was a lot of initial debate about who would meet the green bean first. As expected, Izuku went full fanboy mode over the hero, making them blush through the bulky astronaut suit. Thirteen led Izuku to Nezu's office after gaining some control over their melting body.

"Ah, Izuku-kun! It's a pleasure to meet you in person" the Chimera smiled warmly, already planning on 'world domination brought to you by a bored Chimera and a smol broccoli'.

Izuku squealed in delight to meet the furry creature "Ahh!! Nezu-san! I can't believe I'm meeting you!! Ohmygod!!"

Nezu chuckled and materialised a cup of tea seemingly out of thin air "Let's bond over some quality tea, shall we?"

Izuku nodded his head vigorously and hopped into the seat, taking the cup into his hand "You know Nezu-san, if I didn't know that your quirk was high specs, I'd guess you had a quirk of materialising teacups out of nowhere"

Nezu grinned "I'm guessing you've got an analysis about my quirk as well?" When the greenette nodded again, the Chimera barked out a laugh "I'm impressed! Mental quirks are hard to analyse due to the lack of physical manifestations and could be misinterpreted. I am eager to take a look at you analyses, Izuku-kun"

"Ahh Nezu-san! It'll be an honour to show you my analyses. However, I'm not sure if it's up to your liking"

"Nonsense! It's a wonder in itself that someone your age has such keen analysis skills. Judging by your analysis on Hawks, I'd not be underestimating your skills"

Izuku laughed nervously as he pulled the books out of his bag and placed them on Nezu's table. The Chimera's eyes glinted as he pulled one of the books that slid down the stack. He produced another cup of tea, this time from under the table, and started scanning the pages.

The greenette let out an adorable squeak(which reminded Nezu of a baby mouse and he had to stop himself from looking up with sparkling eyes), realising that the principal was actually reading one of his crayon-books. Needless to say, the Chimera's eyes widened gradually as he finished skimming through the book.

"Izuku-kun, these are indeed truly remarkable skills. Even as a kid, your observations are spot on! I'm impressed"

Izuku smiled wide at the comment and Nezu cursed himself for not mastering the art of pulling sunglasses out of thin air. However, the sparkle in his eyes faltered when he saw the burnt book.

"Izuku-kun, if I may ask… what happened to this book?"

The Chimera frowned when Izuku froze.

"The other books are well maintained- definitely a characteristic of a good analyst like yourself but this one" he said, pulling the book out of the pile "seems to have sustained damage caused by external forces. A bully, perhaps?"

Nezu knew well that Izuku was going to blame his non-existent clumsiness (Izuku would never be clumsy with his work) to cover something up. Knowing that Izuku was quirkless gave Nezu a hunch that the damage was the product of bullying. Izuku's pale face was the proof.

"I- uh… um… w-well.." Izuku stuttered as he didn't know how to respond without raising more suspicions.

Nezu felt anger bubble under his calm mask. Who dared to hurt his '100% near future personal student'? "You do not need to respond if you don't want to, Izuku-kun"

Izuku felt his confidence return for a moment "ha! Knowing you, you'd probably go searching for information on your own"

For a moment there was the convenient sound of crickets chirping in broad daylight as a nervous green bean stared at a smirking Nezu. The smirk turned to evil cackling and poor Ectoplasm who was about to knock on the door stopped in his tracks, turned around and floated away like a ghost, muttering a 'Nope! Not today!'

"Ah, Izuku-kun! You know me very well" the Chimera cackled again, making Izuku smirk. Somehow, Nezu was convinced from the 'you-know-I'm-sinister-too' smirk on Izuku's baby face that he had gained an ally to wreak havoc in the world. (Psst, Nezu! Chiyo and Dadzawa are gonna turn you into their customized chimera rug)

"Well, as much as I would love to spend more time with you to end some flaming hero careers, I have a meeting to attend with the hero commission. I'm sure you'd be interested in the details"

Izuku perked up at the mention of details and grinned evilly. Oh boy, the commission was going down!

"I hope you don't mind letting me borrow a few books so I could have a look at them? Would it be okay if I schedule another meeting soon?"

"O-of course, Nezu-san! I still can't believe that I've caught the interest of someone like you! A-and you can have these" Izuku rambled, pushing three books towards the rat-bear-mouse-thing "No. 12,13 and 14. These are the recent ones and the analyses are much more in detail and of course, I'd love to meet you again soon"

Nezu grinned and took the books. Izuku looked a little uncomfortable and hesitant about something and it bothered Nezu. The kid must be given whatever he wants- the Chimera made a determined mental note.

"Is there something you want, Izuku-kun? Please feel free to ask me anything. I don't bite"

"W-well… I-.. uh.." he stuttered in pure nervousness "C-can I t-tou-touch your f-f-fur?"

Nezu seemed pleasantly surprised by the question. He was not going to object to it because he did not want to upset Izuku though Nezu did NOT like being touched- but after his horrific past. However, before he could respond, Izuku started muttering up a storm, causing Nezu to sweatdrop.

"Izuku!" The boy snapped out of his rambling spree and looked at Nezu sheepishly, making the Chimera chuckle "I'm guessing it's genetic. Anyway, I don't mind you touching my fur. Go ahead"

Izuku's eyes sparkled as Nezu leaned forward. As soon as his fingers met with the fur, they immediately started massaging the soft canopy. Nezu would be lying if he said he didn't like it- he loved it!

"Sooo soft" Izuku whispered in awe before pulling his hand away.

Nezu straightened and grinned "Indeed. I'll tell you about the secrets of fur grooming in our future meetings for sure"

Izuku laughed at it and stood up "Well then, Nezu-san. I'll be off for now. Thank you so much for taking time to meet me! It's an honor, really"

"The pleasure's all mine, Izuku-kun! I look forward to meeting you again. Take care"

"Bye, Nezu-san!" Izuku chirped, exiting the office.

Nezu used his paw to rub his head where Izuku had massaged his fur, remembering the weird vibration in his chest and the back of his throat.

'Huh, maybe I am part cat?'

(A/N 1176 words! This is loooong
(☉。☉)! Also, thank you so much for bearing with me. As mentioned earlier, updates may be irregular due to my other works. Please check out my other books if you are interested in Vigilante Deku or Izuku+Katsuki friendship <3)