҂oneshot 12 pt.2҂

warning in advance: there's a lot of skips in time here

︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

"Hey Athy! Ooh, are you deciding on what to wear? You don't usually care so much about clothes...oh, do you like Lucas???"

As Jeanette started to talk to herself, Athy merely shook her head and looped her nose cannula around the back of her head and into her nose.

"Hm? Athyyyy, why aren't you answering me??"

Athy turned around and sighed.

"I'd just like to get this done and over with. Lucas is not the person I want to spend the first day of the weekend with."

"Fine, but at least try and get to know him, he's really nice!"

----------------

"What's that?"

Athy practically hissed in irritation.

"Thanks Lucas, that's totally what I needed to hear right now."

Plopping her bag next to her, she sat down on her chair.

"And for your information, it's a nose cannula that helps deliver oxygen to me so I can breathe. By the way, you're paying for everything."

Lucas merely nodded and pulled out his phone.

"Can you tell me more about your disorder?"

Athy looked at him, shocked. Nobody, apart from her own family, tried to know more about CF than they needed to.

"I've had it since I was five-"

She suddenly stopped and looked at Lucas, expecting his eyes to be filled with pity, but there was nothing but curiosity. Surprised, Athy continued talking.

"It's mainly a disorder that impacts the lungs, and uh, god, I don't know how to say this without sounding like a full on medical dictionary."

"Then, tell me about your life with it."

"Um, ok, well, since my family has never moved, I've been visiting the same hospital for the past twelve years which means I basically know everyone working there, it's like my second home."

Lucas blinked.

"Do you like it?"

"Like what?"

"Going to the hospital so often."

Athy let out a harsh laugh.

"Hell no, would you like to go there every time knowing that one day you'll die there?"

Lucas was silent for a moment.

"When you put it that way, I guess not."

As they continued to talk, Athy got more and more shocked by the boy's reactions. He didn't treat her with more caution when she was overcome by coughs, the way he spoke was normal with no sign of sadness in it and he didn't cry when she told him her lung function was down to 30 percent. He was completely different from everyone else she had met, and she loved it. 

-------------

"Your lung function had dropped at a high speed ever since your last fever....because of that, you've moved up our transplant list but considering everyone else and the low supply of donors at the moment...."

Lilien paused slightly, not wanting to say the rest. Athy glanced at her parents who, thankfully, were putting up a brave facade. Athy had known Lilien all her life and grown close to her through the years.