҂ oneshot 9 ҂

original time period.

︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

Athy's normally bright, blue jewelled eyes were dull with boredom, leaning against a pillar in the ballroom. She didn't even know why she was here, seeing as all the guests were twice her age. Felix and Claude were no- where in sight, Lily was out on a vacation and Jeanette and Ijekiel weren't here at this party. The only person that was left was Lucas. Athy's heart clenched painfully at the thought of her best friend. Nobody, not even Lily, knew how she harboured romantic feelings for the magician. These days, she tried not to think too much about it. Sparing him a glance across the room, she swallowed thickly, heart beating. Her heart jumped to her throat as he turned around and, spotting her, started to make his way towards Athy. Blinking, she braced herself.

"You don't look like you're enjoying yourself that much," the boy mused, leaning against the wall. Athy inhaled and swivelled around to face him.

"Obviously. My father is away and I have no one to talk to."

Lucas stifled a laugh.

"Well, what about me?"

"You're too annoying to count as someone who would make good company," Athy responded. Though it hurt her to say that, she knew that it would only be safer to conceal her feelings.

"Fine. But at least allow me to accompany you outside seeing as we both hate this party."

Athy raised her eyebrows. "What would make you dislike it?"

Lucas pouted and closed his eyes firmly, refusing to meet her own. "Not telling." Athy shrugged and pushed her way through the crowd.

"I'm going to take a walk outside in the garden. See you there."

--------------

Truth be told, Lucas was just trying to avoid telling Athanasia that he liked her. He followed her through the crowd, and both of them took off into the night, Athy's blonde hair fanned out in the cold winter wind.

"Are you cold?"

Athy shivered slightly. "Yeah, a little."

Lucas shrugged off his green jacket and pulled it around her shoulders. Thank god it was nighttime, thought Athy, making an attempt to hide the soft blush on her cheeks. Athy wrapped the jacket tightly around her, and sat down on a nearby bench, letting the sweet perfume of the flowers waft around her. Lucas reached out, and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, both of them awkwardly leaning into each other. Soon, Athy's eyelids closed slowly, drifting off to a dreamless sleep. Seeing this, Lucas hugged her tighter, allowing himself a moment of comfort. Running his hands through her hair, he held a strand close to his face and inhaled the swirl of scents.

-------------

"- don't know how or when, but I guess sometimes some things are unexplainable, but I really do like you."

Athanasia carefully blinked and peered through her eyelashes, and almost screamed when she saw that she had fallen during her sleep and her head was now lying on his lap. Ok, calm down Athy. Lucas is just being nice, so let's take advantage of this.

"Or love you."

.....wait what-

(athy's mind right now- askFgJnJKhJKNnJHN)

She could recognise his voice from anywhere, but she had never imagined those words to come out of his mouth, much less for them to be directed towards her.

".....what."

Athy seriously wanted to slap herself right now. What type of person who probably just got confessed to without them knowing would respond with the word what? Her, apparently. Lucas jerked up, almost causing poor Athy to fall onto the ground.

"Shit!"

Lucas was very tempted to dig a hole in the ground and crawl into it. Seriously. In fact, he was considering dropping Athy right now and making a run for it. Maybe he could escape to a faraway place and live out his life peacefully. Why did he always have to say the right things at the wrong times??! Was this the universe's way of punishing him for whatever crimes he had committed? He spared a look down at the girl, and was surprised to see a faint blush creeping up her cheeks- though it was probably from the cold. Lucas wondered if she was going to say something. Athy sat up, and looked at him with wide sky blue eyes.

"What did you just say?"

But despite the nature of her words, her voice was curious and it almost seemed like she was scared of what Lucas's response would be. He swallowed hard and shook his head. 

"Don't worry, I was uh, rehearsing it?? For?? Someone I like??"

Damnit, why was he questioning himself? But for some reason, Athanasia looked convinced enough to be able to have tears forming in her eyes. Lucas frowned internally- had he said something wrong?

"You ok?"

Athy slapped him over the head.

"You idiot, if you were going to do that you might as well have told me!"

Lucas blinked in confusion. It had almost seemed like Athanasia wanted the confession to be for her?

"Do you like me?"

He couldn't believe how stupid he was being today. 

"YES, seeing as how you're the all knowing magician of the whatever- it's- name- is- tower, you could have realised sooner!"

Athy waited in bated breath for the other person's reaction. Surprisingly, Lucas leaned forwards and kissed her. It wasn't really a kiss- just a soft brush of his lips against hers, but it left them tingling and longing for more. Lucas could feel his heart pounding so loudly he was scared the whole empire could hear him.

"Yeah- 

I love you too."

︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

i was very unmotivated while writing this but i hope you enjoyed, ill try and have quicker updates from today (^∀^●)ノシ  also, happy halloween!! 🎃👻🍬 🍭

p.s. requests are open since I'm running out of ideas