02x22 - As I Lay Dying

It took almost a full 24 hours before Mira had gained consciousness and all she could think about was how much she hurt.

Her muscles felt like she had been laying in the same spot for a thousand years, so when she stretched out she couldn't help but groan in pain a little.

'Mira, you have to get up,' a voice said. Mira opened her eyes a little, finding the sudden brightness painful she closed them again, and rubbed them both with her hands.

'Katerina?' she said softly moving around on the couch, only to realize that she was covered with a coat, and the rest of her was naked.

Instantly, Mira shot up, eyes wide as she attempted to adjust, her muscles still painfully stiff. Holding onto the coat with both hands, ensuring that she was completely covered up, she turned to see Katerina holding out some clothes for her. Mira instantly snatched the clothes off of her and got dressed underneath the coat, her mind trying to make sense of everything.

I was kidnapped by Klaus a while ago.

I put a protection spell on him.

I body swapped him.

I broke his curse.

Her heart stopped for just a moment.

I broke my curse.

Mira got dressed and instantly began her nervous habit of pacing around the house.

'What happened yesterday, Mira? Why aren't I free from his compulsion?' Mira shook her head, her mind still catching itself up on everything that happened yesterday. She remembered majority of what happened in her wolf form, and she frowned. That was a stupid idea playing nice to Klaus, she thought.

'I don't know,' Mira admitted. 'I kind of ran away before anything happened. I didn't want anyone to know who I was, least of all Klaus.'

She shrugged it off and closed her eyes, holding her palm out. Katerina looked at her confused before a small vial popped into her hand. The vervain. Katerina instantly took it out of her hand and sipped some, resulting in Kat choking a little. Handing the vial back to the witch, it disappeared.

'Where does it go when you do that?' Katerina asked, curious.

'My mother taught me how to make these small pockets,' Mira answered. 'Objects that I want to, they just disappear into this little pocket that I've created in my mind, until I will for it back.' Katerina smirked, impressed. Mira quickly stood from the couch, almost falling, before making her way to a suitcase that she assumed was the warlocks. Grabbing out the candles she sat down on the floor, cross legged, she placed them around herself, lighting them on fire.

'What're you doing?' asked Katerina curiously. The siphoner before her was incredibly intriguing, making Katerina ask questions time and time again. There was a chance Katerina had asked this witch more questions in a few days than she ever had in 500 years.

'I'm cloaking my scent,' Mira said softly, almost dreamily, like she was far away. 'Klaus is a wolf, he will be able to sense me. I don't want that.'

Katerina frowned. 'Why are you hellbent on not wanting Klaus to know you were the hybrid that didn't die?'

Mira stayed quiet, muttering a spell as the apartment was introduced to a heavy wind. After the spell was done, Mira simply waved her hand and everything disappeared like it was never there.

'I love power, don't get me wrong. My entire being craves for it, but, I cant help but think he'd attempt to turn me into a hybrid, effectively turning me into a tribrid. I may like power, but I hate change more,' Mira began pacing around the apartment. 'I was a siphon on the run, now I'm a werewitch with a home and everyone I care about is dead or a vampire which is someone I could hurt with just a bite.' Mira shook her head. 'I just want a home.' Mira whispered to herself and Katerina's heart twisted a little.