02x20 - The Last Day

It was past midday of the full moon, Mira was pacing up and down the lounge much to the annoyance of Kat. Klaus had gotten both his werewolf (Tyler) and a vampire (Jenna- much to Mira's annoyance).

She knew everyone in the room (which was now Katerina, Klaus and the witch Greta) were curious about what she was thinking and that none of them even came close.

All of them believed her to be stressed about the breaking of the curse, but they were wrong. She was stressed on the breaking of her curse. Mira never ever wanted to be a hybrid- the only one of her kind. It was true, she did feel as though there was something missing straight after she accidentally killed a human in Chicago, but she already felt so alone being a siphoner. As a werewitch hybrid she'd be the only one of her kind- ever. It would be a million times worse.

Greta grabbed onto the moonstone for the first time and she gasped and dropped it, her face showing a shocked look. She looked at Klaus, her eyes wide.

'There's a second curse,' she whispered, and only Katerina caught onto Mira's heart pounding in her chest, which made the vampires eyes narrow. Klaus was too shocked to even pay attention to her.

'What do you mean there's a second curse?' he demanded. Greta shook her head, her mouth open slightly and her eyes still wide, searching through the vision she just saw.

'There was a little girl, on an altar,' Mira bowed her head as the memories circulated through her mind. 'They were binding her curse to yours. She was a natural-born hybrid, the first and probably last of her kind.' Greta's mind was reeling. 'We heard talk about this one witch who was somehow born with both the werewolf gene and the ability to produce magic.'

Mira held back a scoff. She didn't have the ability to produce magic, moron.

Greta looked at Mira, and so did Klaus. Mira shrugged.

'I haven't been in a coven since I was eight years old, and I've been avoiding witches like the plague ever since,' Mira shrugged although her heart was beating erratically. 'Witches wouldn't want this to spread to other members of the supernatural, I haven't heard about it.'

Greta nodded, seemingly forgetting she was conversing with a siphoner, completely lost in her thoughts. 'If she had survived- she would've been one of the most powerful witches on the planet, able to constantly draw from an unbreakable curse that is over two thousand years old.'

The vampires were watching Greta in apprehension and curiosity, whilst Mira's mind was elsewhere.

One of the most powerful witches on the planet?

Mira smirked slightly to herself. Well that wouldn't be so bad.

'What do you mean if she survived?' Klaus said, seemingly angry.

'Her throat was sliced open,' Greta confirmed and Mira almost let out a sigh. At least they thought she was dead. 'She was just a little girl. Barely even eight.'

Mira's heart skipped a beat and she noticed Katerina's eyes widened her eyes finding Mira's, figuring it out. Connecting the dots. Mira ran away from the coven at age 8. Mira glared at her to keep her mouth shut, taking in a deep breath. Someone knew, someone knew, someone knew.

Katerina knows.

'Now, Greta, I want you to go look after the Lockwood boy,' Klaus said rubbing his hands through his blond, slightly curly hair. There was a chance he didn't have to go through breaking this curse alone, but of course, with his bloody luck she was dead. 'I'm off,' he said looking at Mira, not noticing that Katerina was staring at her in shock. 'I'll see you in a bit, love.' He left, agitated and stressed, and Katerina immediately began speaking.