𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

"Hey, your awake

"Hey, your awake." I opened my eyes, and looked around to see Randy sitting beside my bed. His eyes were bloodshot, and dark circles were underneath them. He looked so tired it made me feel sick. His hair was in a tangle. He looked completely exhausted. I kept staring at him, not speaking.

"Liana, are you okay?" I nodded slowly, processing what was happening. Why was my side hurting? Why was I in a hospital bed? Why do hospitals always stink like medicines and disinfectants? Ugh. Randy scooted his chair closer to me, and took my hand. I looked to my hand and then back at his face.

"...Talk to me..." He said softly just as a nurse walked in with a clipboard in her hands.

"How are you doing sweetie?" The nurse asked.

" Fine, I guess," I answered, my voice gritty.

"Any headaches? Nausea?"

"A small ache," I replied, fumbling with my fingers. I was nervous. Just like when I had been saved from my kidnappers. They had diagnosed it childhood PTSD. It had gotten worse since I became a policewoman but I didn't let that stop me, rescuing citizens and keeping them safe.

"All right, sweetie, the doctor should come in and check on you, so you stay right there." The nurse told me, writing a few things on her clipboard. She patted my leg and walked out of the room. I kept my gaze down to my sheets that were covering my body.

"Does it hurt?" I shook my head. "Liar."

"It does."

"Liana, talk to me, what's wrong?"

"I just got shot, Randy,"

"Hey, don't be sarcastic with me... I'm your friend... What's wrong?" I blinked a few times, holding back my emotions.

"Not right now.. Maybe later, Randall."

"Whoa, you said my full name. It must be something serious." I finally looked up at him and stared into his eyes that were beautiful.

"It's not funny anymore."

"Okay, I'm sorry, I--"

"It's fine, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you."

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I didn't kill her!!!! Yay! Poor Liana though... :'(

Edit 3/28/22: CRINGEY!