𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

"W-what?" I said, eyes wider than normal

"W-what?" I said, eyes wider than normal. He was going to kill me? How was this possible? I was a policewoman - he would get into huge trouble...but since he was the police chief that would probably be called treason. He was a traitor to the United States of America. Even after he took the oaths of protecting America and the citizens... He was a traitor. "Uncle Charlie, please..."

"Seriously, girl, you expect me to listen to you?"

"I didn't do anything to you!"

"Oh, really?" He glared at me as I felt Henry tug the rope harshly. I was sad and kind of disappointed but it was not very surprising that he was a jerk. I had never really trusted him 100 percent. He was family and my ranking officer.

"Ow! Stop it!"

"You'll pay for everything you've done, Liana St. Clair." I shook my head, confused.

"I've never done anything to you!"

"You became a cop! You shouldn't have! You ruined all my plans." I raised my eyebrow, curious. Maybe he would confess some things and... My detective mode was on.

"What plans?"

"I wanted to find your parents."

"They're dead." I stated simply. He shook his head laughing silently at me.

"No, they aren't."

"What? Stop lying. I'm tried of all these lies." I was extremely tired of everything at the moment. The nightmares, the lying, crushing on my police partner, everything!

"They're alive, Liana," Charlie walked towards me and studied my face. "You really do look like your parents..."

"They were killed in a car crash!" I spat angrily.

"Haha, sweetheart, you don't know... You're so young and naive... No one told you about anything... Left in the dark, weren't you?" He touched my cheek fondly, making me choke back a gag.

"Stop it, Charlie," I snarled. How dare he touch me.

"I'm your uncle, Liana," He scolded, shaking his finger at me.

"Not anymore! I'm never gonna be your niece!" Charlie rolled his eyes and told Henry that they were going to leave.

"True," He mumbled. He couldn't kill me - I was his flesh and blood! Family!

"You killed them!" I cried. "You killed my parents!" Charlie turned away to the door, wanting to leave, not letting me hear his words.

"YOU KILLED MY PARENTS!" I screeched accusingly, hoping he would react and tell me the truth.. All of the truth. As a cop, I knew when people's weaknesses were showing. I knew this would trigger something... hopefully nothing bad. He turned on his heel and stomped up to me. Charlie grabbed my chin hurting my skin.

"I did not kill your parents! Liana, I tried to but I couldn't! They saw me kill a police officer - my partner at the time - but fortunately they didn't figure out it was me so I was safe." Charlie sighed realizing that he was still hurting my face and let go, leaving a red print.

I wanted to punch him in the face for everything he had done. Scared me as a child, kidnapped me when I was a teenager... Everything... Tried to kill my parents.

"They died. You must have killed them."

"Actually their in the Witness Protection Program. I've been trying to find them."

I felt my chest tighten like I couldn't breathe. I tried to swallow hoping his words were not true. Were they true? Was he still lying to me? I searched his eyes, hoping for an answer. He wasn't lying. I had seen him lie before...he wasn't.

"It's true."

"But... what about me?" I croaked. "They left me?"

"Yes, and you're all alone. The End." Charlie turned around ending the conversation and ordered Henry to take me to the car.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Edit 3/25/22: Like this is soooo cringey - one day I'll do a whole new draft for this.