1. Chance encounters

"Oh come on Cher!" my best friend whined, "We haven't done anything fun together for God knows how long."

"Last week you were my plus one to the Fendi Resort fashion show!" I protested, although I knew that we only went there for business.

Don't blame me for not enjoying getting drunk in an expensive nightclub, not remembering my whole evening the next day and having a shitty hangover. Did I mention the fact that Lola always sets me up with these not so (read, so not) attractive guys.

That pretty much sums up the usual night course when I go out with my best friend. I always had a good time, eventually, I think. Not that I remember much, as I've mentioned earlier.

"That was fun, but it was for work and you know it." Lola whined, knowing I already was aware of the fact. She pointed it out anyways.

"I'm just really busy right now, sorry." I answered her truthfully.

Lola rolled her eyes at me. "You're literally always busy. I'm going to drag you out of this place if you're not going to stop whining and start getting ready."

Shit, this was about to get serious.

"I'll pick out a nice outfit and when I come back you're going to stop writing, okay?"

There was no arguing with her on this point. I should've just acted like I had the flu or something when she knocked on my door this afternoon.

I sighed in defeat. "Fine, fine." I mumbled and cursed under my breath, earning another eye roll.

Hopefully tonight would be at least a bit useful. Maybe I could spot some cool outfits in the club. Those always give me a lot of inspiration.

Inspiration? Why would I need it?

Well, let me introduce myself. I'm Cherece Ford. Yes, I'm in the fashion businnes. No, I'm not related to Tom Ford, if you were wondering. I graduated a year ago at Parsons, The New school for design and just turned 24, so I'm an early graduate. I liked to keep to myself and only had a few good friends. My lack of social life during university had given me lots of time to study.

I needed the inspiration for my fashion blog. I've had it since I was 15 and I had, not to brag, one of the worlds biggest fashion blogs. I had always loved fashion, even when I was just a little girl.

During my Parsons years my blog became extra hard to manage because of all the projects there, so I started hiring someone with the same perfectionistic characteristics as I had. That girl being Lola. We became good friends instantly and now she still helps me sometimes, though I started hiring other people when she started working as a photographer for different magazines and started to get more and more busy.

So, right after I graduated I was asked to write a column for Vogue each month. I was really surprised and overwhelmed when they first offered me the opportunity. But now I had been doing it for a year already.

On the side, a lot of different fashion companies asked me to write something about them or advertise them on my blog or videos.

"I have picked out an outfit!" Lola exclaimed happily, making me think about the tonight again.

"You know I'm the famous fashion blogger here, right?" I joked, while picturing myself in the outfit she had chosen. Lola did have a good sense of style though, so trusted her on this.

"Just put it on you brat." She laughed and walked out of my room. "I'll be waiting."

I got out of my lazy position on bed and placed my laptop on the spot next to me.