Chapter 25: Visit

Jennie stared at her phone screen as she kept looking on the date on the side of the screen. It had been a almost a month since camp ended.

She had fell really ill the past weeks when they got back, she could barely breath and the bed she was sleeping on home was replaced with her body laid on a hospital bed instead.

Jisoo had been sleeping with her in the room every night since she got here, afraid of leaving the girl alone.

She hated the feeling of being in a hospital where the only hope she had was that she would get out from here. She felt hopeless laying under the white sheets that began feeling more like home than she had ever felt like.

Lisa had kept her contact with the girl through calls and messages, always wanting to come over to visit but the excuses of Jennie always blocking her from coming.

She didn't want her to see her like this, to worry her more than she had already done. Wanting them to spend the days together with a smile on their face instead of being in the dull hospital room with the thought of losing each other.

She was so scared to be in here. She wanted nothing more than to be able to feel the warmth of Lisa again. Not feeling lonely as she laid in the bed at night, silent filling the room as she kept her eyes open from the fear of closing them.

The fear of not opening them to see Lisa's smile once again.

"Jen, you need to tell Lisa"

Jisoo said as she took a seat beside the others hospital bed. Her face filled with concern. Jennie kept her eyes on the phone before her face, staring at Lisa's contact name.

"I can't, I don't want to see her worry like that again. It hurts to see her like that"

Jennie whispered, her voice raspy from how much she had coughed as her chest kept hurting her the most, making it hard for her to let out a breath from her lips.

"She always wants to come over, and you can't keep making excuses"

Jisoo tried once again, as she stared at the others screen. The contact of Lisa visible.

The mention of the dark haired being here, of her coming over was everything the brown haired wanted. She wanted to be able to tell her it would be alright, tell her that she loved her more than anything.

Because she did. And she kept loving her even though she couldn't handle the pain she felt from how hard it was to tell the words when her throat was hurting her.

She slowly clicked into the contact she had been keeping her eyes on. Her fingers traveling around the keyboard as she let the words write themselves on the screen.

Her heart hurting...

Lisa: 02:27 am
I love you Jen

Jennie: 14:03 pm
Lisa, I'm going to visit my relatives for a few weeks, I love you and we will meet when I get back okay?

"I am sorry"