Chapter 3: Golden

As they were finished with their delicious pancakes, all of them ate more than their stomach could take. They were now all sitting outside the cabins in a ring around their camp teacher.

It was freezing outside but Jennie could care less, the only thing in her mind was to finally be able to do something fun today. She sat there, her shaking hands on her knees as she waited for the short haired teacher to talk.

"quiet down kids, today is the first start of activities"

The students groaned as soon as they heard the announcement. Jennie looked at them confused, how could they not like to do something fun for once.

"Okay guys, you will all get out in the woods and search for four hidden flags"

He started after clearing his voice to once again quiet down the voices.

"And one more thing, there will not be teams. This is a competition between every single one of you"

He continued. Once everyone heard the valuable word 'competition' their ears perked up like dogs, suddenly interested in the whole thing.

If there's something Jennie hated about her classmates, was how competitive they were. It was only a game after all.

She for the first time hated an activity. She sighed sorrowfuly into Jisoo's arms were she laid her head. Jisoo patted her back in a reassuring rate, she smiled up at her in return.

The night sky was getting painted darker the more she walked deeper inside the woods. She wished she could at least be accompanied with Jisoo, Jimin or Yoongi.

She didn't understand why the teacher would send them out all alone in a darkening hour.

But in a way she kind of liked the peaceful time she had alone with the nature circling her. It was a while ago she was this alone, after all she had Jisoo by her side now.

She forgot how used she was to being sitten all by herself in a cold bed, that felt chilly against her numbing body. Dreaming of something to warm her up, to make her body fall back to the way it should feel against a bed.

Jennie believed it would all turn warm again when Jisoo came along. But she didn't understand why she was still feeling the bitterly cold against her skin.

Her eyes attention caught an engaging flower, the bright color shining in the dark woods. She kneeled down before it, her soft fingers stroking it slightly against her skin.

Golden. She loved the color that once brought a lightness to her world. She brought her hands up to her neck, hand clasping around a necklace.

She stared down at the necklace in her hands, a small heart, that had the same color as the golden flower her other hand brushed softly against with.

A necklace her mother gave her.

She smiled to herself as her eyes were fixed on her necklace and the beautiful flower she had found in the forest. To scared to leave it just yet, to forget things she wished could stay for entirely with her.

Wanting to forget things that she at the same time wanted to never be gone.

"oh for fucking gods sake, why do I always run into you"

Jennie snapped her head to her side when she heard Lisa's voice in the quiet forest. Her eyes fixed on the dark haired girl who had her hands burried in her pockets while she sent a glance to Jennie's way.

"ouch, that one actually hurt"

Jennie told offended as she dusted of her skirt when she got up from her sitting position, leaving the flowers with the memories for now.