Chapter 16: Decision

Jennie heard the now familiar voice interrupt the silence behind her as the smile on her face fell at the moment. She was once again back to reality, a distraction turning her away for more time than needed.

She turned around to be faced with the sight of Lisa, her usual black clothes on her as the leather jacket she always had with her was over her shoulder, held in a tight grip by the others hand.

"Needed fresh air"

"inside?"

Lisa commented back, her raised eyebrow in full display for the other to stare at.

"Yeah the air is fresher in here, don't you agree?"

Jennie answered, her eyes seemed to find it hard to look at the other without feeling the need to remember things. Neither seemed to notice the distance between them only got shorter as the two continued to be in each others precense.

The chasmic scoff of Lisa left her mouth at the others statement, leaving Jennie stare at her. She didn't know what to do, what to think and what to say. All these things seemed so hard to get through her body.

"I didn't mean to ignore you"

The dark haired suddenly spoke, leaving the silence behind as the chuckle died down. The atmosphere seemed to change.

"What makes you think I was thinking about that?"

Jennie told back, her voice soft as she leaned her body against the side of the olive green couch behind her, feeling the need to stay there a for a while.

"I can hurt you Jennie"

The other said as she took a step closer to the Jennie, her leather jacket still over her left shoulder. The seriousness in her expression made the brown haired keep her glance at the other when she let the words of her's out.

Now it was Jennie's turn to let herself stand up still from the couch she was leaning against. She made Lisa pierce her gaze on her staggered when she kept coming closer until she was face to face with the other.

"I don't think you have the mind to hurt me"

Jennie said, her eyes showing the dejection more than her action would do.

"isn't it the heart?"

Lisa said out almost like a whisper from the closeness from the latter. Jennie broke out a small smile on her face which caught the eyes of the other on her smile.

"it's your mind who makes the decision to hurt me, isn't it?"

The brown haired responded before sighing with her head hung low. She took a step back but was stopped when Lisa had gripped a hold of her cold hand. She pulled the brown haired by surprise closer to her as she wrapped her right hand around her torso, her fingers tightly gripping around it making Jennie's head land on the others stone hard and oddly soft shoulder.

She froze on the spot, didn't seem to be able to move. She didn't know if it was because of the strong grip or her own body not being able to respond to the situation.

"I would never consider to hurt you Jennie"

Lisa's hoarse voice whispered into the others red ears as the grip around her waist got joined by her other arm, holding the girl tight against her body as the minutes drove by.

Jennie was caught in her own feelings. Trying to come to terms with the fact that she couldn't process what she was trying to say or feel. Her fingers had slowly given up on her, not letting her recognize the warmness she was against.