ALWAYS. 026

"Do you still love me?"

Jungwon watched as Jay looked at him. There was a hint of desperation pleading in his voice.

"Well, do you?" Jungwon asked him back. "It's been three years."

Jay let out a humorless chuckle. "Yeah, three years and I still look for you everyday."

'What?'

"I thought you hated me," Jungwon furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why would I hate you?"

"Because I told you that I like Heeseung..."

"Bullshit," Jay shook his head and gripped on the steering wheel. "I saw how you looked at him earlier, Jungwon. You look at him as if he was Jake. You love him. But as nothing more but brothers," he sighed.

Jungwon looked away.

"See? You look away when you're guilty," Jay muttered, "or when you're lying. That day. You lied, didn't you? You didn't look at me when I asked you if you were lying. Why?" The desperation, the need to know the answers, and the frustration were all evident in Jay's voice. "Why did you do it? Why did you lie?"

Jungwon fiddled with his fingers. He felt cold- the atmosphere wasn't comfortable at all as Jay asked him questions that made him tense. "I did it for your own good..."

"What do you mean?" Jay placed a hand on Jungwon's cheek to make the younger look at him. A frown was on Jay's face. "Be honest with me, One..." Jay said, a hint of sadness in his tone.

"I'm sorry for lying," Jungwon muttered, his heart racing in nervousness and at the feeling of Jay's hand and his gaze on him. "I wanted to make you ignore me... That day I left for Australia, it was the same day you were going to Seattle. I wanted a reason for you to hate me so you wouldn't come to Australia with me, Jay. I know you. You would have packed your things, too, and fled with me. I know you... "

Jay only stayed silent. He admits that what Jungwon said was true. "Then, you should have let me. Didn't I tell you before? That no matter what happens, you'll just let me be."

"I'm sorry," Jungwon frowned. He couldn't look away in Jay's eyes. "You were needed in Seattle that day. I couldn't be selfish and take you with me, Jay. You worked hard to start your career. If we didn't separate that day, one of our careers would be left forgotten."

"You were already selfish for leaving me," Jay softly muttered. His palm never left Jungwon's cheek. "I would have seen your growth, Jungwon. We would have made it together."

Jungwon gently bit his lip and nodded. "Yeah.. Sorry. I just.. assumed that you never wanted to see me after that."

"You didn't think I went to Australia to see you?"

Jungwon froze. "What?"

Jay sighed and clicked his tongue. "I went to Australia multiple times during some occasions. I always saw you, gazing at the sunset. And I figured that maybe you were missing me, too."

"Why didn't you approach me?"

"Are you kidding? You would've freaked out," Jay muttered and now, tears started to brim in Jungwon's eyes. Jay unbuckled his seat belt as he leaned to worriedly cup Jungwon's face, "no, no, I'm sorry. Don't cry."

It was his first time seeing Jungwon cry in front of him. He gently wiped the tears that rolled down Jungwon's cheeks with his thumbs, the way Jungwon used to do that with everyone.

"I'm so proud of you, One. You were able to get your dream," Jay smiled a bit. "But let me ask again... Do you still love me?"

"Is it too late?" Jungwon bitterly asked.

Jay shook his head.

Jungwon heaved a sigh and nodded. "Yeah.. I love you, hyung," there was no point in lying. Jungwon could decipher the relief and happiness in Jay's eyes. "I love you... Always."

He smiled a bit as Jay leaned his forehead against Jungwon's. "Let's try again, shall we? This time, no running away. No more lies. Just us. Just the two of us."

Jungwon nodded his head and felt the warm feeling inside him. At their close proximity, Jungwon could figure out the scent of the familiar men's perfume Jay wore. Finally, Jungwon felt like he could finally breathe again.

Jay was with him, and he finally felt like home.

The younger glanced at Jay's lips. God, how he misses attacking Jay with kisses. As if his mind got read, Jay gave him a small smile before planting a soft peck on his lips.

"Thank you, hyung..." Jungwon stared at Jay's eyes and smiled, his dimples couldn't be hidden. "Thank you for waiting."

Jay caressed his cheeks a bit before releasing Jungwon as he chuckled and leaned back to his seat. "Well, what can I do? I'm in love with you. And I can't stop loving you even if I tried."

Jungwon nodded with a soft laugh and looked out from the window. Silence enveloped the two of them. It wasn't the awkward type of silence, it was more of the peaceful, rejuvenating silence as the two processed what happened; the feeling of relief, happiness, and comfort overwhelming them.

"Well, let's go home then-," before Jay could start the car, Jungwon unbuckled his own seat belt and held the back of Jay's neck as he pressed his lips against Jay's. "Mmf-!" Taken aback, Jay's eyes widened before relaxing as the two smiled in the kiss.

Kissing him back, Jay guided Jungwon to lean against the locked car door. They both focused their attention on the kiss, ignoring everything else. It was just the two of them in Jay's Audi, and the moon that brightened up the starry night sky. They've been wanting to do this for a long time, they've put all their emotions in the kiss without uttering a word.

Jay kissed Jungwon as if his life depended on it- he made sure Jungwon knew how he felt. The urgency, the love, and a little bit of madness was evident. He gripped Jungwon's waist but he was careful not to hurt him. It didn't take too long before they pulled away.

Both their cheeks were flushed red. While catching their breaths, Jay buckled Jungwon's seat belt and he did the same to his own, chuckling a bit as he glanced at Jungwon. He gently bit his lip and smiled rather innocently, as if nothing just happened.

"I'll take you home."