Press conference // Chapter 38

~ Athena's eyes

Two months went by, more than twenty shows done, and the Nice To Meet Ya tour was coming to an end.

Two months went by, and my love for Niall was only growing stronger.

Two months went by, and the fame got bigger.

Two months went by, and the lie was getting bigger.

Two months went by, and Daisy was a part of our lives.

A part of Niall's life.

And a part of mine.

Apart from Daisy becoming a part of my life, great things happened. One of my songs became viral on TikTok and people were doing those trends and edits to it. Every show was better than the other, and my career was growing bigger and bigger with every hour that went by.

We were currently in Manchester, and I had finally found out what Bailey meant two months ago when she talked about that football tournament. Turns out that Modest! Management organized a football tournament to raise money for charity. So basically me and a bunch of other celebrities would be playing football (in an absolute not professional way) and the money raised for those tickets would go to charity.

On one hand, when I got the news, I was completely pumped about it. Helping others and donating to charity is a great gesture and I was pumped to help. But on the other side I realized that I fucking suck at playing football and I was going to embarrass myself in front of the whole world forevermore. Of course, at the end of the day, what mattered more was helping others rather than caring about the reputation that preceded me.

Since Niall and I were touring together, we would be giving the press conference together in which we would announce that we were going to be a part of this event and we would also be answering questions about the subject.

Therefore, that's why we were sitting down in a hotel conference room waiting for the journalists to show up and start with their work. Everything felt so surreal to me, sitting down on those elegant chairs, with my elbows propped up on that long table that had those elegant water bottles made out of glass for us to consume while we were talking. It felt like a dream, like everything I ever wanted was right there in front of me. And I was completely, incandescently, and perfectly... happy.

"You look at the room as if it's made out of stars" A voice commented from my side and I turned my head around to face them.

My eyes met with green ones, and it didn't take long for me to realize that I was meeting someone new. I allowed my eyes to take in their whole appearance. Blond hair styled in a quiff, small nose, and bunny-like smile. His body was covered in a light blue suit, with a white shirt peeking from under the jacket.

"I'm Dante," He offered his hand for me to shake and so I did "One of the many journalists that are going to interview you" He offered me a smile and I immediately returned it.

"Athena, one of the two singers you're going to interview" I cracked a small joke and internally cringed, reminding myself to never do it again and removing my hand from his own. Nevertheless he let out a small chuckle and I couldn't help but feel that small sense of pride I felt whenever I made someone laugh.

"You're not from here, are you?" He questioned and I shook my head "From Manchester, I mean, I do know that you're English"

"Oh no, I'm from London" I responded and slightly smiled "What about you?"

"The States," He briefly responded "Georgia, to be specific."

"Oh! I loved Georgia when I was there! Such a lovely place"

"Oh, it definit-" He started but got cut off by another voice.

"Hey" Niall softly greeted and left a kiss on my cheek

"Hi" I turned around and greeted back, trying to ignore the feeling of my blood rushing to my cheeks.

Niall's eyes locked with mine and he smiled, oh so dearly. And suddenly, it was only him. He was the sun coming up and the colors it formed, he was the water and the fire and the air in my lungs. He was every beat, every breath, every dream, everything.

And suddenly,

his eyes weren't as soft when he looked in the direction of the man behind me.

"Niall," He extended his hand for Dante to shake "Pleasure to meet you"

"Dante," Dante shook Niall's hand "Pleasure to meet you as well"

The two men shook hands while I was stuck in the middle of them. I don't know if it was just me but I got a feeling that they stared at each other and shook hands for a bit longer than normal. They finally peeled their eyes off each other once a voice echoed through the whole room letting us know that the conference would start in about four minutes.

Dante cleared his throat and stood up, smoothing his hands on his thighs. "Better get going." He offered me a smile and I returned it once again. He only nodded at Niall.

Once Dante was out of sight Niall turned to me with a stone-cold look. "What was all that about, huh?" He asked with a tone that was surprisingly aggressive

I raised my hands up in surrender. "Woah, calm the fuck down"

He started talking really fast, and it seemed as if he was trying to argue with me but I couldn't give an answer because he was talking so, so, so, so fast that I couldn't make out a single syllable of what he was saying. But suddenly, (thank god), he stopped talking and just looked at me in the eyes with pursed lips and furrowed eyebrows.

"You're right," He shook his head and looked down. "You're right, I need to calm down, I completely overreacted, you didn't even do anything and I was all over you and treating you the wrong way." He sighed and rested his head on his hands. "You're right and I'm sorry, I don't know what went over me, I guess I got a bit jealous."

"That's okay, I'm glad you realized it" I softly spoke and rubbed his shoulder. "Now let's get this over with, shall we?"

"Yes, we shall" He chuckled

And the cameras started clicking again, and I had to remind myself. 'make it look like a dream'.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

A/N: HEEEYYYY

(In case you didn't get the last line Athena means that she has to act as if everything is okay with her career, and if she's not being controlled 24/7)

HOW ARE Y'ALL

RED TAYLOR'S VERSION IS SO SOON IM SCREAMING

The amount of Taylor lyrics I include in my writings can't be healthy. I included three in this chapter if you can guess them you get a cookie. 

Howeveerrr...

I'm sorry about my non-frequent updates lately, but school is literally draining I had 4 tests last week and worked my ass off to do okay because I've never been a natural all I do is try, try, try.

AND ANOTHEER TAYLOR REFERENCE WOW (It's from mirrorball if there's people that don't know)

Anyways

WE REACHED 9K WTF SCREAMING CRYING ROLLING ON THE FLOOR

I LOVE YOU SM IT ACTUALLY HURTS

TILL THE NEXT UPDATE!!!

Lots of love,

Sun xxx