Soulmate shit // Chapter 28

~ Their Eyes

Athena was the kind of person that overthought absolutely everything all the time. From little things such as what she would want for dinner to big things such as if she should drop a new single. Sometimes overthinking became a disadvantage, but sometimes overthinking led Athena to important conclusions, conclusions that were useful. After overthinking for quite a long time, Athena came to the conclusion that her "relationship" with Niall, was in fact, toxic. How did Athena come to that conclusion you may be asking? After getting Niall's little text, Athena was absolutely stunned and confused by everything. She thought, she thought a lot. She thought about the fact that back in the day Niall and her were a thing but Niall ended everything out of the blue without any type of clear explanation. Then Niall came back to Athena, flirting with her, teasing her, kissing her, but then sometimes again, he also ignored her, or was mean to her. So if you couldn't tell, Athena was beyond confused, and when Athena was confused, she did and said stupid things. 

Niall ;)

Niall ;) : I promise falling for me won't be a mistake

You: I think you sent that to the wrong person

You: But don't worry, I know I'm clumsy but I won't fall on top of you, promise :)

When Niall got Athena's second text, he was now confused as well. He knew Athena had an innocent mind, but she wasn't dumb, Niall thought that Athena was trying to play dumb and making him think that she didn't know what he was talking about. But Niall thought that Athena perfectly got what he meant, but in reality, Athena didn't. Athena seriously thought that Niall meant he didn't mind if Athena fell on him, and that it wasn't a mistake. Of course Niall didn't mean it the way Athena thought, Niall meant it in the romantic way. Niall wanted Athena to know that if she was falling for him, then it was okay, because he was falling for her as well. The thought of Niall loving her never crossed Athena's mind, she had discarded that option the moment Niall blocked her and told her he wanted to be friends.

"Ath?" Bailey shook her arm "You alright? You been staring at your phone without actually doing anything for about 10 minutes"

"Oh? Yeah yeah, I'm alright, Niall just sent me this weird text" She whispered and chuckled

"Really?" Bailey crossed her legs and sat down next to her best friend "What did it say?"

"Uh, I promise falling for me won't be a mistake" Athena shrugged 

"Wait what! And what did you answer?!" Bailey yelled, which honestly wasn't a good idea since they were literally in a tour bus in which Niall was in as well, and he could easily hear them. Spoiler Alert! He did hear them, but didn't pay much attention to it.

"Can you not yell!" Athena whisper-yelled "Here, look at it yourself"

"You got his contact written with a winky face?" Bailey laughed and Athena blushed

"Yes, what about it?" Athena snapped, trying to hide her embarrassment

"Nothing, nothing" Bailey smirked and raised her hands up in surrender "Alright, let me read this"

Athena saw how Bailey skimmed over the texts over and over, and over and over and over.

"Sometimes I'm surprised about how stupid you are, like seriously surprised" Bailey bluntly said

"What? What did I do now?" Athena asked, seriously worried about her reputation

"You know what, dear? I'm gonna let you figure that one out yourself. Good luck" Bailey stood up and patted Athena on the head, Athena just sighed