Birthday // Chapter 12

~ Athena's eyes

September 13, which means that it's the birthday of not only my idol and role model, but also one of my best friends. I had prepared Niall a birthday present some while ago and I was quite proud of it. I got him a ring that I went and got engraved. The ring had a big circular part on the top, and in that part there was a little figure of a women standing in front of a mirror, i got myself one as well. The idea was to give him something that represented our friendship, and we met thanks to my Mirrors cover, so that's what it showed. I also got him some comfy clothes, even tho he is a millionare and probably has thousands of different clothes, I would make him promise me that he would use them on tour. I have been saving a lot for the bigger present, which would be an electric guitar that was insanely pretty. I knew he had lots, but that didn't stop me from getting him another one.

I was planning on surprising him at his house and take him out for breakfast or lunch. Of course that I would be the one paying for it since it is his birthday.

I got dressed quickly and put a bit of makeup on. Today it was one of the rare days in which London's weather was sunny and warm, so it allowed me wear not so many layers of clothes. I was wearing a cute yellow sundress with a light blue jean jacket that had cotton inside, so it actually kept me warm. I completed my outfit with some white sneakers and a pair of black sunglasses. I curled my brown locks and let them flow freely down my back and around my face. I applied a bit of mascara, concealer, blush, and a bit of nude lip gloss. I was happy with how I looked.

Ring

I picked up my phone without checking the caller ID.

"Honey!" The voice of the women that gave birth to me echoed in the room

"Mum!" I loved it when I talked to my mum. I always had a very nice relationship with my family and I was greatful of that.

"How are you doing, darling?"

"Im quite good, im about to head to Niall's" I said softly

"Oh right, today it's his birthday!"

My mum knows a lot about the One Direction boys, since it was everything I talked about while being a teen, so she knows when their birthdays are.

"Yes mum, it is"

Silence was the only thing heard until...

"You like him don't ya?" My mum asked, and I could already picture that smile on her face

"What?" i got taken by surprise by her question

"You heard me Athena, do you have feelings for Niall?"

I stopped to think, did I? I mean, I love it when we talk and when we hang out. And everytime we hold hands, or hug, it feels like home. I always knew that home wasn't always a place. Since I was little I knew that Niall was my home. When I was young I was in a very low place, my self steem was unexisting, my whole friend group was toxic, and I cried myself to sleep every day. Niall brought a smile back to my face. I was always in love with Niall, but in a celebrity way. But now that I got to know him in a real way, as a real person and not only that celebrity that I knew everything about, it's a completely different thing. I began to smile at his texts, take screenshots of us in facetime, and basically my whole camera roll and tiktok drafts were us together fooling around.

"I think I do" I said confidently

"I like him, he's the best for you"

"Mum, you haven't even talked to him" I told her while rolling my eyes