Latibule // Chapter 29

~ Their eyes

The tour bus arrived in Sacramento around eight in the morning. Both singers were completely destroyed by the long trip they had just gone through. Niall didn't get any sleep and Athena didn't either. Both of them tossing and turning around their bunks thinking about the other.

Athena sat down in one of the tables, a notebook on the table and a pen in her hands. Niall had sitten down in a couch that was just beside the table, watching Athena closely and mentally cursing at how the fuck did he feel so attracted to something as simple as Athena scribbling down on her notebook. After debating with himself, he decided to go over to Athena and sit down next to her on the booth.

"Hey" He put an arm around her shoulders "What are you writing 'bout?" He asked

"Hi" She smiled "Just a word I found interesting, i'm trying to see if I can come up with any song or anything"

"Nice, what's the word?"

"Latibule" She smiled again

"Oh, what does it mean?" 

"A hiding place; a place of safety and comfort" Athena read from her notebook

She was his latibule

Or so he thought.

"That's really nice" Niall admitted

"I know, right? There are these kinds of words that are so simple but so beautiful at the same time, you know? They mean such simple things, but such describeless things as well"

Athena was in a state of pure bliss, talking about things that made her passionate only made her more passionate. Niall was in a state of pure bliss as well, the only difference is that Athena was in a state of pure bliss because of talking, while Niall was in a state of pure bliss because of her talking.

Niall would've never guessed that he would be so caught up in something as simple as a woman talking. The way her lips moved and how sometimes they curved upwards a bit forming a little smile, the crinkles by her eyes or the fact that whenever she laughed her eyes got smaller, the way her cheeks went up whenever she smiled, her hand movements, how she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Everything, Niall was taking in every single detail.

"Niall, are you listening to me?" Athena stopped talking

"Yes, of course I am, I love listening to you" Niall admitted

Athena's cheeks became a rosy pink immediately and Niall loved having that type of effect on her. He loved thinking that maybe he was the only one that made her feel that way, that he was the only one that with a single compliment was able to make her flustered. The truth is that Athena was head over heels for Niall, and she couldn't even deny it, even if she constantly tried to ignore the familiar feeling of love, it was practically impossible. The butterflies had now turned into a whole damn zoo, and Athena knew nothing about animals.

"Love birds, we arrived at the stadium, get up because you gotta practice. Or warm up. I don't know what the fuck you singers do these days" The bus driver went up to the both of them

Athena and Niall both laughed but still obeyed the man, both of them getting their coats and getting off the tour bus.

Athena heard her phone ringing so she reached for her pants' back pocket and got her device out.

Bai (bee) <333

Bai (bee) <333: I wanna be a milf

Bai (bee) <333: Oh and btw where tf are you I can't find you anywhere

Bai (bee) <333: Got any idea where the bathroom is? I don't wanna get lost

You: Alright first text the answer is me too, second text the answer is heading to the stadium, third text you're literally in a tour bus you cannot get lost

Bai (bee) <333: WANNA BE MILF BESTIES

Bai (bee) <333: AND WHO TF SAID I CAN'T GET LOST IN A TOUR BUS DID SOMEONE EVER TELL YOU THAT

You: No???

Bai (bee) <333: SEE? MAYBE NOBODY TOLD YOU THAT BC THE PEOPLE THAT WOULD SAY THAT GOT LOST IN A TOUR BUS

Bai (bee) <333: HAHA I WIN

You: Bai-

You: I'm-

You: Go back to sleep love ya

Bai (bee) <333: great idea, love ya too

Athena laughed at the conversation she had just had with her friend. Athena was beyond thankful with the world for meeting Bailey, the two girls loved each other so much it was indescribable.

Both singers entered the stadium and looked around the place, completely amazed by how big and spacious it looked. Athena kept turning around in circles trying to take in all of the place, while Niall was just as excited as Athena, he kept it more hidden.

They both got on the stage, exploring every inch of the place and admiring the way the whole stadium looked from over there. The two of them began warming up and practicing what they would have to sing in the upcoming show, until Niall received a call and excused himself, moving to the sides of the stage to have his privacy.

Athena fooled around with an acoustic guitar while waiting for Niall, playing some random chords and strumming patterns, and occasionally humming to the rhythm. What she definitely didn't expect, was hearing Niall murmur the following words for the person on the other side of his phone.

"Alright, I love you babe, see you later"

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

A/N

Wtf am I doing writing this at 1 am omfg bye-

This is short and a cliffhanger so don't hate me sorry

Okay so I'm having an inspiration boost so i'm probably gonna update tomorrow as well so yeah enjoy

Okay I love you guys so much

Till the next update!

Lots of love,

S xxx