Wicked Games

: ROSALIA's POV :

While I was anxiously pacing around the balcony of our room and staring at the distant trees, there came a very sharp knock on the door. I had already asked Maria to inform me about Kevin's arrival. But in place Maria that young maid came in. Her face was looking completely different from what I saw in the afternoon. It was gloomy and dull.

"Madam" She faintly spoke and started begging me as expected of her.
"Please do not expose me in front of others. Master Kevin will kill me if you do this"

"What is your name?" I asked her.

"Flossie," She answered.

"Flossie what you did was wrong. Very wrong. Knowing that Eric is engaged to Kate, why would you do something like that?" My voice came out softly concerned.

"I... I was forced by the circumstances, madam. I needed money... a lot of it urgently and master Eric had promised me that in exchange for my... my body." She was almost sobbing through her words.

"You could have asked from Kevin or Kate. You could have also told me about whatever your problem was. But you did dirty and so did Eric. You both should be exposed."

"I am already in huge debt. I'm poor and illiterate. My mother is in hospital and It was urgent. I needed money by today madam. My mother will die if she does not get operated by tonight. I just wanted to save her life. I have no one other than her. I- I do not know what to do now." She began sobbing poorly.

I felt genuinely bad for her but that doesn't mean I'll not tell Kevin about that Eric and his deeds.

That manipulative bastard took advantage of this poor girl's misery. I loathe him to the core now. The painfully dreadful events of my mother's death flashed in front of me. I can relate to what this young helpless girl must be going through.

"I can help you with the money you need but you will also have to confess everything in front of Kevin. Everything you just explained to me. Will you?" I asked her softly. I am not a person to demand something in exchange for my favour but it was unavoidably necessary.

"What if they do not trust me and put the blame only on me?" She asked hesitantly.

"I will not let anything happen to you," I ensured her holding her hands. She nodded affirmatively.

I went to my closet and took out that bundle of notes Kevin gave me some days back. I had not spent a single note from there. I wanted to expend this for Emilia's college admissions but Kevin already made every arrangement regarding that. That elite college was like my sister's dream. I can never deny that he treats my sister like his own family.

I gave that cash to Flossie. She kept repeatedly thanking me with tears in her eyes. I felt good that I could help her and also would have her as a bystander to prove my point.

....

The second time there was a knock on the door, I didn't waste any time to hurry downstairs. Even though most of the days Kevin directly comes to the bedroom I did not want to miss any possibility. I got near him quickly and took his hand in mine.

His shoulders tightened immediately and he kept a hard face while looking at me. After many days I had seen him like this. Judging from his face I could tell that he definitely had a bad day at work and was infuriated by my unlike behaviour on his arrival. Maybe it was not a good time for me to bring up those topics but I was somehow adamant.

"Kevin I have something urgent to-" My words got disturbed by a jarring sound of pulling something against the stairs.

I saw Eric was moving toward the downstairs with a big trolley in his hand and Kate was hastily following him behind.