024

Chapter 24: Parallel

{R.J.L}

I wake up next to Sirius with Peter on my other side. The bed in the corner of Lexi's room is still quiet and we try not to wake them up while getting ready. "Dilemma, letting them sleep? Or grab that bucket in the corner and throw cold water over them." Sirius says.

"Pads, I love the parallel of the bucket of water and the paint from last year, but look at them." I say. Peter and Sirius look around the corner seeing James laying on his back, awake. Lexi is still asleep with her head on his chest. He is slowly running his hand through her hair as he watches her. "That is pretty adorable. Remus you are doing that to my hair tonight. No discussion." Peter laughs and James catches us watching.

"Stop being creepy." He whispers. We try not to laugh as we descend the stairs, following the smell of something good.

"Ah, goodmorning boys. Matteo baked pancakes and I cut up some fruit. There is mango, and strawberries, and I am washing some grapes right now."

"Thank you Mrs. Medina." Peter says. She sits with us while we eat and talks to us about school.

"Mrs. Medina, Lexi never tells us about her parents. What were they like?" I ask. She looks a bit taken aback but smiles. "Call me Althea, all of you. Fayra was amzing with children and it was her dream to have her own. Her and Alaric, Lexi's father, were the perfect couple. They were planning on having a baby, and short after Lexi was born, Fayra was diagnosed with a muggle disease. Breast cancer." I remember lexi telling me about that.

"I don't think Lexi has a lot of clear memories about her mother." Matteo pipes in. "It was soul crushing for everybody when she died. Lexi kept asking for her mother, and Alaric had to raise a child and mourn her mother. I remember Althea having breakdowns because no magic could have saved her." Matteo finishes.

We all stop eating when Lexi and James come in. "Are we interupting?" She asks. Sirius shakes his head and then smiled when his eyes drift to their hands. James hasn't said a word and does nothing else but look at Lexi and their locked hands.

"How was your morning?" I hear Sirius whisper to James when he sits down. "Nothing happened Pads."

"Not yet." Sirius whispers back. Lexi looks at the both of then like she knows what the conversation is about. Peter and I are still listening to Matteo and Althea but Peter seems distracted, stressed, tired. "Peter? Are you okay?" He seems to hesitate on what to say. "I don’t know. Yes? Just a little stressed."

"Whatever it is that is going on, it will be fine Wormtail." Sirius says. Peter nods but does not seem convinced and I wonder what has got him so worked up. "Talking about being stressed, Lexi can we talk for a minute?" James asks her. She nods, but Sirius smirks.

{L.A.M}

I take his hand and he leads me up the stairs. Once in my bedroom we walk around the matrasses of the others and sit on my bed. "Remember our conversation the other day?" He asks. "Hmh."
A grin appears in his face and his hand reaches for my cheek. He slowly lays me down, scanning my face for any doubt. When there is none one of his hands finds my hip. The other plays with the edge of my shirt. I don't wait another second and sit up to take it off.

He scans my upper body and I pull him in for another kiss. "Are you sure?" I smile at his gentleness. "Yes." This flips something in him and he lays me down again.

Word count: 638 (sorry it's short)