010

Chapter 10: white lies

{L.A.M}

I left them and got in bed as soon as possible. When I was in bed, I was kept awake by Davina. "And when exactly did he have the time to ask you out? We have been together almost all day."

"I may have snuck into the prefects bathroom with him? Remember when I asked Slughorn if I could pick up my book because I forgot it?" I laughed, oh Davina. "I'm happy for you Vina, you deserve it. Now if you don't, I'm going to sleep before you come up with another way to keep me from my eight hours of sleep. I hate you."

"I love you too, goodnight." She kissed my cheek and went to her own bed.

-

(Two more weeks pass)

{D.S}

I'm leaving my green haired bestfriend alone for the day, it's saturday and Peter is about to come pick me up for our date. Lexi told me she would probably be studying all day to pass the time or do something else. She just left for lunch, think she couldn't handle any more of my date-stress.

I don't blame her, she gets stressed really fast. She's my everything and I love her, but sometimes i wish she'd just relax and think about herself and herself only. She deserves a break from everything, and whenever she is around James, she seems to forget everything else around her. She deserves a friend like him.

{J.F.P}

I look in the mirror as I see the blue is slightly fading from my hair. I suddenly picture Lexi next to me, with her green hair. It doesn't look bad on her, I just like her own hair colour better. But the image of her own hair has faded a little in my head.

She seems like someone that would be blonde, or brunette. It would fit with her beautiful green eyes. You wouldn't think she has red-ish hair.

Why do I notice these small things? Are we that close? The kind of friends you know everything about? Or is my mind fooling me, tricking me into thinking that's all we are. For how long have we even been friends?

{L.A.M}

As I walk to the Great Hall, craving something to eat, I watch the Ravenclaw with his friends. He's laughing at something, and then he notices me. I give him a weak smile, and he winks in return. "What are you smiling at?" I hear over my shoulder. "Nothing Sirius. Please just go to your own house, I know you're not going to drop this."

"I am certainly not. And I came here to take you with me so come on!" He drags me by the arm and puts me down next to James, Remus on my other side.

Silence, that's all there is. Remus Lupin, yes him. The person you wouldn't expect to, just said; "Hey Lexi, how are you?" And kissed my cheek as if it was the most normal thing. Marlene and Lily's conversation stopped aswell as Sirius sat in front of us in awe.

James tried to act normal, and picked at his food. "Hello to you too?" I said. He smiled and went on with what he was doing. "So, let me guess. Davina has date-stress too." Sirius started. "And if she does." I confirmed. "She has swapped her clothing more than five times! I got crazy and left."

{J.F.P}

Why was I picking at my food? Did it look like I was acting normal? Did I seem jealous? Am I jealous? "More proof of the fact that they are made for each other." I said. Lexi bumped her shoulder into mine and laughed a little.

I smiled back, I felt my cheeks heat up at her touch.

For the past week I have been starting to notice the small and subtle things she does. Her right hand going through her hair when she is stressed or can't do something right, the small and baraly visible freckles on her nose and cheekbones, and she fact that she parts her hair differently every day.

This happend too when I first met Lily. Then it was Snape who got in my way, now it's my bestfriend. I love him, Remus I mean. But he makes it so obvious, that even I can see he likes her. Does this mean I like her? Does it? This question has been hanging around in my head for a while now.

My feelings for Lily have been fading slowly over the past weeks, I know that. But is there a posibility Lexi Amirah Medina is the reason? Is she making me fall? Or have I landed already?

"Hey James, need more studying?" If I'm falling, I need to be carefull. I can't have her break my heart like Lily did, not again. "I'm good, don't need to study today. I have everything finished."

"Okay." The conversations went on and I left for the bathroom. When I came back, Lexi was talking to Marlene. "So, is everyone free this afternoon. We could do something fun."

Be carefull James, don't get too close. "No sorry, I still have an essays to write."

"Not smart mate." Sirius whispered. "What happened to 'I don't need to study today?" She asked with an annoyed voice. "Well, I said study. . . Not essays?"

She grabbed my by the arm and pulled me away from the rest. "Explain James, why lie? If you don't want to study with me, you could've just said so."

"Lexi. . . I was just."

"Just what James, and please don't come with some shitty ass excuse."

"I didn't need tutoring in the first place." I just threw it out, ready for her to hit me, yell at me, or just any form of anger. "Then why, because I don't understand a thing."

"I need to know you."

"What?"

"I need to know you, Lexi. Who you are, what you do, what you want to do. I don't know why, but I just feel drawn to you. And I wanted to spend time with you. I should have just told you, I realise that now, I really do."

"Look James, you could have just told me, but I'm not mad at you."

Word count: 1048