Bonus

One year before

One year before

We're in Paris. It's the weekend of my birthday and Ryan surprised me with a trip to france because he didn't accept the fact that I've never been there.

The weather is beautiful. Everything is perfect. It's been one year since I've seen Logan for the last time. When he was brought out of the court room and into prison.

Crazy how it's already been a year. Jaxon is over a year now and the most crazy thing. Nevaeh turned six this year. I can't deny that my girl is getting big anymore.

I ended therapy two months ago. And I've never felt happier than I am ever since I started and ended it. I really needed this.

It's the second evening here already. Ryan booked a hotel near the eiffel tower. He didn't tell me a thing that we are doing.

He just said we're going to eat and then go for a little walk. So I got dressed, we went to eat some dinner and then got on the walk he talked about.

The sun has already set so the only lights are the many street laterns, the cars and some rooms still lit up inside some buildings.

I love france. I have already known that as soon as I got out of the plane that got us here.

And then, we got nearer and nearer to the tower. The lights that changed after some time amazed me. I never want to leave this place again.

And I definitely chose the wrong clothing. It was slowly getting cold outside and Ryan saw that when I crossed my arms in front of my chest to warm myself up a little.

He got out of his jacket and wrapped me inside it. "Thank you." I say as he reaches around me from behind and kisses the spot behind my ear.

There are two street musicians a few feet apart of us, playing soft french music that I wished I was able to understand. It's an absolutely beautiful language.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you? How perfect you are?" He asks me in a whisper. I chuckle lightly and lean my head back against his firm chest to breathe his scent in and to have him near me.

"Have you ever seen our kids?" Not to praise myself. But I have never seen more beautiful babies than ours. "Well you just have to look at their mother..."

"You're ridiculous." I breathe out jokingly before I suddenly feel coldness behind me. Why did he get away from me? Where is he?

So I turn around. And I can't even trust my own eyes in this moment.

Ryan is on one knee in front of me, taking my already shaking hand in his and looks up at me.