twenty-one

Today is the day

Today is the day. I'm having my first date in years with one of the most special women I know. Amy is watching Nevaeh tonight. She is amazing.

There is a romance movie called me before you in the theater. Guess who chose the movie. She literally insisted on watching this movie and it fits better than an action movie. So I'm sitting in my office at the department and wait for the clock to turn seven p.m. so I can finally leave and pick her up.

"Hey man. Andrew and I are going for some drinks. You want to join us?" My friend Nick asks as he stands in the doorframe of my office. Andrew and Nick are my co-workers and good friends.

Friday used to be our night out but that has gotten really unimportant for some time now. "I actually have a date today. But you guys have fun."

And then this stupid grin grows on his face as she wiggles his eyebrows and walks i to the office after closing the door behind him. He sits on my table, crossing his feet at his ankles. "You got your girl?"

"No. Not yet."

________

It's half past seven. I got some change of clothes with me at work so I changed there. I'm now just waiting for her inside my car in front of the house. Looking at my wristwatch and then back up again, I see her hurrying towards the car. She's only five minutes late.

She looks amazing. Who would have thought that? Black jeans that fit her perfectly and an emerald green blouse made of silk, tucked in the jeans, all combined with a pair of black stilettos. Gold jewelry on her body and a little purse completes everything just perfectly.

Her make up is the same as always. I watch as her curls bounce up and down with every step she makes more towards the car until she finally reaches it to open the door. "Hey. Sorry, I'm a little late." She says while getting into the car.

But I cut her off by grabbing one side of her face and kiss her. "You look fucking gorgeous." I tell her as my lips brush hers because we haven't separated that much from the kiss yet. "You don't look bad yourself."

I'm just wearing black jeans with a dress shirt and some leather shoes. I put my hand on her left tigh as I get out of the driveway and head into the theater's direction. She looks at me the entire drive also seeing her smile the entire time. "What? Do I have something in my face?" I ask her. She giggles and moves over to kiss my neck. Is she trying to kill us? I can't concentrate.

"I'm just happy." She simply tells me before going back to her seat again. She's happy. There's nothing I want more than her to be happy. And that little monster at home.

I grab her hand and kiss the fist repeatedly during the drive that is now almost over. "I'm happy too."

The movie was okay. Didn't like the ending. Kiara loved it and cried almost the whole time. But she was cuddled close to me the entire time so the movie is forgiven for making her cry.

The car was like a five minute walk away from the theater because I couldn't find a nearer parking spot.  We've already walked a while when it starts raining out of nowhere. Whe are soaked in a matter of seconds.

"Come on. The car's right there." I tell her as I start running into the direction of my car. But I don't hear her heels clacking behind me.

Turning around, I see her. She makes me wonder once again how someone like her can even be real.

She's just standing there. In the middle of the parking lot. She looks up into the sky, smiling. Her clothes are soaked, her blouse glued to her beautiful body and her hair sticking in her face and dangling down behind her.

I love you.

I slowly approach her, touching her left arm, pulling her out of her bubble to make her look at me. She's still smiling so much. Please never stop smiling like that. I'm begging you.

"What are you doing?" I ask her, my voice all gone soft for her. "It feels like we're in a movie.." That's it. My mouth collides with hers the moment she finishes the sentence. A small whimper escapes her when I separate our lips and lean my head against hers, suddenly not caring about the rain, my sticky clothes and the water washing down my face anymore.

All that matters is her in this moment. "Please stay." I need you to stay "What?" "Please stay with me. Be with me. I need you two in my life. Stay at home. Sell your art but please don't move." I sound like my life depends on those two people. But the fact is that this is exactly the truth.

"I never wanted to move." I take that as a 'no Ryan I won't move out' and kiss her again. So hard to take her breath away. She holds onto the hands that are grabbing her face to intense the kiss.

I feel her beginning to shiver against my body, so I wrap my arms around her tighs to pick her up and wrap her legs around my waist.

Slamming her against the car door of the passenger side as I unlock my jeep to get her into the car. And as soon as I am in the car next to her, I turn on the seat heating and drive out of the parking lot. As we reach the roundabout, Ieave it in the second exit instead of the first one. "Ryan? Ryan you're going the wrong way." She says.
"I know, love."

That's the plan. And two minutes after her telling me that we're on the wrong way and asking where we are going, we stop in front of the hotel 'Nobu'.
"You are such a liar! You said the date was going to be low key." She tells me amazed.

________

Liked Delilah and Masons date better tbh.

But comment your thoughts! Love!