six

Ryan was away the whole time but Nevaeh found something to entertain us on our own pretty good

Ryan was away the whole time but Nevaeh found something to entertain us on our own pretty good. We've been in the garden and were taking a bath after that because we were soaked from the rain outside. I cooked us dinner and made an extra portion for Ryan, figuring that he might be hungry when he gets home from work.

The clock hits twenty past 11p.m. when the front door opens. My still very awake kid runs into the direction of the entrance to see him. "Ryan!" Ryan is already kneeling on the floor, his arms stretched into my daughter's direction. She jumps into his embrace and hugs his neck. "Hey, sprincess." He gets up while picking her up and positions her on his hip. "You're not asleep yet?"

"She wouldn't go to bed until she saw you." "Can you take me to bed, Ryan?" Ryan looks from her towards me, waiting for my okay. I shoo them away with a smile on my face. He doesn't waste a second to run up the stairs and into our room to get her into bed. Suddenly a feeling of sadness overwhelms me. I haven't seen her that happy in a long time. And We've only been here for a little more than two weeks. What will happen when she realizes that we are going away from him? I need to get to money but I can't go to work for now. It's a risk I won't take for now.

I plop down on the couch and turn on the TV, until I hear foot steps approaching the living room. Turning around, I see Ryan. I can't deny that he is one of the most handsome men I have ever seen. He changed into sweatpants and a casual black t-shirt which seemed way more comfortable than his Police uniform. "I cooked dinner. It's in the oven if you want something..." "Thank you, Kiara. Do you maybe want a glass of wine?"

"Yeah. I would love that." We spent the evening mostly not talking to each other. We watched a movie and headed to bed after that.

______________________________________

We've been here for almost three months now. It's beginning of June so it's starting to get warmer. I've started to give Ryan a little bit of trust but I still told him nothing much about me. He knows my age and my Birthday. He didn't ask for more. Everyone says that a friendship can't develop when you don't know anything about the other. But Ryan and I show that it's not true. I wouldn't consider us as friends but we're no strangers anymore. It was the first day in a long time with good weather so we took the chance and went to the park with Nevaeh.

Nevaeh was sitting in the sand and playing with some other children while Ryan and I sat on a bench to have her in sight all the time. "You're good with kids." "Well when you're the uncle of two little ones you kind of have practice."

He's not looking at me. He is looking for Nevaeh. I take the chance and take him in really intensely for the first time since I've met him. This man is not just handsome... He is absolutely beautiful. Sharp jawline, toned cheekbones and a dark but well-groomed-stubble. His long lashes touch his cheeks everytime he blinks and almost reach his pretty eyebrows when he opens them fully. His adams apple moves up and down visibly when he gulps. He has a beautiful straight nose...

He must have realized that I have been staring at him for such a long time and looks at me. Even then I don't look away. I just admire the same things I did from the sides and appreciate the sun for shining into his face so perfectly. It makes his normally dark brown eyes light in the prettiest caramel tone I have ever seen. I wonder what his parents look like. He starts smiling again and adorable dimples start appearing in his face. Now I am out of my thoughts. I had to get out of them.

"Can you tell me some things about you?" And there we were. The moment that I feared but already waited for so desperately. "What do you want to know?" "What do you want to tell me?" I would have told him everything after this. I respected him so much and I knew that he did the same with me. I look away from him and look to the playground where Nevaeh is playing. "I have a twin sister and a horse back in Toronto. Their names are Amy and Thunder. I called my sister that night you borrowed me your phone." I didn't look at him one time while talking. "I love to draw. I love art and want to make my own money with my work someday"

It seemed like I was about to tell him everything. It was so easy to talk to him. It's unproblematic and I know that he actually listens to what I say. if it weren't for this one little wall that's not ready to break through yet. It hurts me to talk about these things to him. Not because of him. But because I miss these things. These three things are the things that I miss so unbelievably much and I think that he notices that. "Why aren't you trying to make money with it already? What's holding you back?" Turning my head over to him again, I look him deep in the eyes. "I don't have the equipment here."

"I could buy you the things." "No. I told you that I am not taking any more money from you. I feel bad for not being able to give you any money even tho I am living under your roof."

"I told you to not worry about these things, Kiara. Got that." Arguing with him about money makes as much sense as trying to teach a newborn how to drive a car. It won't work out. "Thank you." "Stop saying that."

I look away from him again and look at the same spot as before. "So...." He starts. "That unicorn tattoo of yours. Where is it?" He says this in a sneaky tone what causes me to laugh out and throw my head back in laugher. Still with my head back, I turn it to look at him, move my hand to my ribs and circle the spot under my left breast. He only gives me a smirk in return before looking away from me.

_________________________________________________________

AHHHHHHHH do you feel that?!

Comment your thoughtsss <3 love!