twenty-six

We're driving to my parents house now

We're driving to my parents house now. The only noise we heard was the soft music of the radio playing and Nevaeh's little snores from the backseat.

We had a rough night with her so she passed out the moment we got the car to drive. I don't know what this child has with driving but she always sleeps during it.

Even if it's just for five minutes when we go to grab some groceries.

"Are you okay?" I feel Kiaras tense body next to me in the whole car, so I hope I can ease it a bit by putting my hand on her thigh, giving it a light squeeze.

She moves her gaze from the window over to me and meets me with a smile on her face. "Yeah. I'm just a little nervous." "They'll be more than happy, baby. That's all I can say." Kiara brings her fingers to mine and intertwines them with each other. "I love you." She tells me.

So I take her hand and bring it up to my mouth to kiss the back of it while still looking forward on the streets. "I love you."

______

There we are now

There we are now. Standing in front of my boyfriends old home. It's a beautiful house. Built with bricks and some plants growing around the walls of the house.

Nevaeh is in Ryan's arms, still a little sleepy but happy to see Lilian and Martin again. "Oh there you are!" Lilian says as she opens the door. The woman looses more and more weight every time we see her. That's not good at all.

"Hi mom." Ryan goes for a hug to his mother and lets Nevaeh greet her right after that. Lilians eyes light up when she saw me, so she took my hand and pulled me into the house, stopping right behind the door and pointing to the wall.

"It has a really special place here." She points to the picture I made her with the sunflowers. It's hanging next to two other pictures. One with Martin and her on their wedding, I guess and one with Alexa and Ryan when they were still kids.

My hormones are going crazy, so I just can't help myself but wrap my arms around this woman and cry into her shirt. "Oh don't cry my dear..." "I just really appreciate you, Lilian."

"I appreciate you too, Kiara.. Could you possibly paint more of them?" Her question makes me laugh a little as I wrap my arms just a little bit tighter around her. "I'll paint you as many as you want me to."

Lilian mumbles a silent 'thank you' and as I open my eyes, I see Martin standing behind us, wiping his tears while looking at his wife. We all know that we have to appreciate the time we have left with her.
Because there's not much left anymore.
_____

Alexa and the kids arrived some minutes later and we drank some coffee until Ryan cleared his throat and looked at me in a way that showed exactly what he wanted to say. And then- just when I was ready to say it together with him he blurted it out.

"Kiara's pregnant." He says. Without a warning. Martin chokes on his coffee, Lilian is figuring out what he just told them and Alexa already pulls me into a hug, wishing me just the best and how happy she is for us. I never had this before. I wanted to feel this moment so many more times. Which means that Ryan will have to give me a whole soccer team of kids now...

_____

4 months later
Christmas evening

My pregnancy was going just the way I dreamed of it to go.. It was perfect in all ways. Little baby was growing well and developed just the way it should now that I'm already five months along.

I was just about to fix Nevaeh's pig tails she wanted me to make her and then kissed the crown of her head while waiting for Ryan to finish everything up in the living room.

Amy moved out in September. Found an amazing apartment right in the city and is now growing closer and closer to a certain man named Christian. We didn't meet him yet but Amy seems happy...

Everyone is just happy right now. "When is the baby coming, mommy?" She asks me as she turns around and tilts her head up to look at me while touching my belly. "The baby is coming in April, Nev. So like in four months."

She lets out a frustrated huff as she looks back to my belly. "You take a lot of time for me to meet you. Hurry up, I need someone to play." She says and just in this moment, Ryan comes into our bedroom and takes Nevaeh's hand to walk down into the living room.

Selling my paintings has been doing great. I have earned a lot of money already and am not going to stop any time soon. Inwas even able to pay the bills of the house this month. Ryan didn't want me to do it but he must have seen how important it is to me so he finally let me.

Nevaeh's excitement is written all over her precious features. This is going to be the first real Christmas in her life. She never got to experience it like a kid should be able to. Logan never allowed it...

There are presents laying all over under the christmas tree and we got to show her which ones are hers. She was so thankful for every singe one of them and then, finally I got to hand Ryan his present.

It was a box filled with pink and blue confetti with an envelope laying inside it. He looked up to me while lifting the letter and opening it to look what's inside.

And then... he starts crying. He's sobbing, kneeling on the floor and holding his hands in front of his eyes before looking back up at me again.

"Are you serious?" He asks while going over to the sofa where I'm sitting in and lays his head in my lap while touching my belly. "I am."

The letter was filled with an ultrasound picture and a blue background. I wrote something on it too...

Baby boy is excited to meet you, dad.

We're having a boy.

_____

🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Comment your thoughts🤍🤍🤍

Love you so much!!

Also AHHHHH 11k on this story! I am so thankful! Thank you so much!