twenty-eight

I don't know what's going on

I don't know what's going on. I was just watching TV while waiting for Ryan to come and play with me.

But instead he just ran around in the house and packed a bag. Are we going on holiday? I would love to go on holiday. With my barbies.

He carries the bag in the car and gets back upstairs, helping mommy down. She sits in a chair in the living room next to Ryan. Is she in pain?

"Ryan?" Who is this? Why is Alexa here? And Samuel and Marie? They come in the house and look at my mommy. She and Ryan come over to me and both kiss me on each side of my face before telling me what is going to happen.

"You're going to be a big sister in a few hours, princess."

______

"Are you okay?" Ryan speeds to the hospital

"Are you okay?" Ryan speeds to the hospital. My water broke today.... We're going to meet our little boy.

He seems to be more nervous than I am. He's so tense that I think if you would touch him a little firmer, he would break into hundred little pieces. I just grab one hand and give it a light squeeze. "Are you okay?" I ask him.

Ryan lets out a little laugh before he gives my hand the same squeeze I did with his as he looks at me. "Would be a lie if I would say yes to be honest."

He looks forward on the street and then laughs a little. It's such a beautiful thing to see him laugh. "I'm going to be a fucking dad." He is so happy about this baby.

He doesn't have to tell me. I know he loves Nevaeh, the baby and me unconditionally. He shows it without using words.

Ryan Carter is the best thing that could have ever happened to my daughter and me.

My hand around his tightens even more when I feel a strong contraction, making me groan loudly and clutching my stomach. "What? What's wrong? You okay?"

Ryan has to turn the steering wheel to the right because he almost got on the other side of the street because of looking at me. "I'm okay. Just look forward, please."

"Okay. Okay..."

_____

Right now, I'm laying on a bed, pressing and pressing and pressing... "Just a little bit more, Mrs. Johnson. You're doing great." The nurse tells me. Ryan is standing next to me, holding my hand and stroking my scalp while also telling me I can do it.

"I can't. I can't... please." It's been hours since we arrived at the hospital. "Just a little bit more. One more push and he's out."

"Come on, Kiara. One more push. You can do this, baby." Just one more. So I push one more time. And they were right.

I immediately feel an emptiness in my lower region and hear his cries. Ryan is crying and kissing my forehead, his teats dropping in my hair from time to time. "He's here. You did it."

He's really here.

The thought of having him here now, Ryan not holding back his emotions and the thought of having two kids now makes me cry too. And then. They finally hand him over to me.

He'saying on my chest. He's beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. "Hi baby..." I put my finger in his palm and watch him grab onto it. "He's beautiful." Ryan says as he looks at his son.

"He is. He's so beautiful." And once again. I get to experience this beautiful feeling. From the worst pain in your life to it being gone in the next second as soon as the sounds of your baby are in the room.

And again.. all of this because of him. "Can we do it again?" I ask him quietly while looking down at our son.

Ryan chuckles lightly as he kisses the side of my head. "Any time." Any time then.

I can't describe the happiness I feel in this exact moment. The only thing that is missing is Nevaeh being here.

______

I'm a dad

I'm a dad.

To little Jaxon-Miles Carter.

We decided that Nevaeh could choose her brother's first name. She said that she wants him to have the name of her favorite barbie ken or however these things are called.

Kiara and I fell in love with the name as soon as princess suggested it. I wanted him to have something from his brother. Kiara told me that she wanted her son's name to be Miles.

So I asked her if she wanted his second name to be Miles. And so we came to this name. I don't know why we decided to give him my last name.

Maybe because I hoped that someday Nevaeh and Kiara's last names would be Carter too..

My parents and Alexa are on their way here for Nevaeh to meet her brother. Kiara gave birth three hours ago so she's already taken a nap.

She says she's perfectly fine and just wants her daughter with her. I want her here too. Then, there was finally a knock on the door and it got opened right after that. Alexa helped my mom into the room.

Mom is sitting in a wheelchair now. It's still very strange to see her like this. Amd then dad comes in with Nevaeh in his arms.

I look at the girl and see her eyes light up with pure happiness when her eyes land on her mother holding her brother.

Nevaeh wiggles out of dad's grip and slowly walks over to the bed. "Hi baby." Kiara says and helps her get on the bed.

I get closer to them and watch Nevaeh. "He's so cute." "Do you want to hold him?" Ki asks her. Princess hesitates for a second but then nods.

Kiara slowly sits up properly and puts Jaxon in her arms. She's so gentle with him it melts my heart. I forgot that there are more people in the room than just the four of us.

They can wait. Nev leans down and carefully kisses his forehead. "I love you, Jax-Jax."

______

He's here!!!

What do you think?🤍

I love you!!