𝟶𝟷𝟷. 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚃𝚁𝚄𝚃𝙷

GLEE — SECTIONALS

"what are you doing?" finn laughed before he turned around to robyn. she watched as her finger laced, twirled and poked at the piece of fabric that stuck out on finn's shirt. it was a short term of entertainment, but it was enough as they waited for mr schuester. "i'm playing with a string on your shirt," robyn told him before she finished her playing by removing the string from his short.

shaking his head, finn faced away from the girl as mr schue and miss pillsbury walked in together. "well, i have found my replacement. so give it up for miss pillsbury," mr schue said as he began to clap, the students following along — though it didn't seem wholehearted. they were all disappointed to see mr schue go from glee, he was their teacher from the beginning after all.

"so, do you even know anything about music?" santana asked her with furrowed brows as she twirled her dark hair between her fingers. "what's important is that she cares about you guys every bit as much as i do. now, i don't know what the future holds for me, and for us, but i know, saturday, you're going to make me proud. you guys are going to be great. so, goodbye for now," mr schue said, his voice full of all types of emotions.

"wait — what about our set list?" mercedes asked before mr schue left the room. "i can't help you with that," mr schuester said. he truly was leaving. "you've got to figure that out for yourselves," he finished his sentence before he left the room, all of the teenagers feeling left in the dark as he did.

"well, we have to do proud mary in wheelchairs. that's in," artie announced as he turned his head. "and don't stop believing for sure," finn added with a smile.

"what about the ballad?" tina asked.

"i would be thrilled to contribute a ballad from my repertoire," rachel said as she walked herself towards the front, robyn rolling her eyes before mercedes stood from her seat.

"you know what, miss bossy pants? enough. i've worked just as hard as you, and i'm just as good as you. you always end up stealing the spotlight," mercedes announced as she inched closer towards rachel, and miss pillsbury, with hands on her hips for that extra sass.

"mercedes, do you honestly think you're as strong of a balladeer as i am?" rachel asked.

"of course she is. she's mercedes. i live at her house, and she had the lungs of a god," robyn replied to rachel, still playing with the string from off of finn's shirt between her shaky fingers. "why don't you let mercedes give it a try?" miss pillsbury asked rachel.