𝟶𝟶𝟾. 𝚂𝙾𝙽𝙾𝙶𝚁𝙰𝙼

GLEE — BALLAD

   the glee meeting today was full of zoning out. robyn ran her finger over the petite black and white photo of her baby within her pockets, her mind being stuck on the future she had yet to decide with him — with them. looking over at finn, she watched as quinn smothered him with her simple actions of love, keeping finn latched against her body as those surrounding them began to pick papers from an hat.

   it wasn't just finn and their baby boy her future had to be tied with, it would also be quinn. finn had to switch between both babies, and without quinn even knowing about finn being the dad to robyn's baby, it would so confusing. "robyn," she was broke from her daydreaming.

   "i think you have to go pick up a name," finn told her before she nodded her head. Standing to her feet, robyn walked towards the hat and peered into it — there was no more paper left as the glee club consisted of uneven numbers. "um, mr schue, there's no names," robyn told him awkwardly before she pinched her lips together. "oh, shoot. i'll have to make a trio. mercedes? would you care to have robyn join you and puck?" mr schue asked.

   mercedes had a bright smile on her face of relief. "i need my girl to save me from him."

   "i need to save you from him," robyn replied before she sat down again.

   soon after, robyn began to hear the sweet melody of endless love began to rip through her ears. looking towards the centre of the room, she saw rachel crowding mr schue.

"My love,
There's only you in my life
The only thing that's right
My first love,
You're every breath that I take
You're every step I make
And I (I-I-I-I-I) I want to share
All my love with you
No one else will do
And your eyes (your eyes, your eyes)
They tell me how much you care
Ooh yeah, you will always be
My endless love
Two hearts,
Two hearts that beat as one
Our lives have just begun
Forever (oh)
I'll hold you close in my arms
I can't resist your charms
And love (oh, love)
I'll be a fool
For you, I'm sure
You know I don't mind
Oh, you know I don't mind
'Cause you,
You mean the world to me
Oh
I know (I know)
I've found (I've found) in you
My endless love
Ooh-woah
Boom, boom
Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom
Ooh, and love (oh, love)
I'll be that fool
For you, I'm sure
You know I don't mind
Oh you know
I don't mind
And, yes you'll be the only one
'Cause no ('cause no) one can deny
This love I have inside
And I'll give it all to you
My love
My love, my love
My endless love"

   robyn widened her eyes at the expression rachel had across her face, she knew that look. that was the look of a crush. she saw it every time they watched titanic and leonardo dicaprio showed up. biting her lip, robyn shook her head before removing her fingers from her sonogram.

🎤

   "robyn, robyn, robyn!" she heard her names being called — 'why is my name always being called through the halls?' robyn asked before turning around to find finn running towards her, a bright smile consuming his face before he reached her with a little tumble. robyn chuckled slightly as she moved away before he fell onto her, shaking her head.

   "i have a song for him—" finn announced, his breath heavy as he had chased her throughout the halls, "it's with arms open wide, by creed. do you know it?" he asked, quickly. robyn twisted her head to the side before she smiled slightly. "you dedicated a song to him?" she asked with another laugh.

   finn furrowed his brows, "yeah," he answered before she crossed her arms. "finn," she said to him, his cheeks flushed in embarrassment. "it's sweet, extremely sweet, actually," robyn told him before they heard the bell ring.

   "walk with me?" robyn asked him, finn nodding his head in reply before they walked the hallways together. a smile bright on robyn's face after the confession from finn, with arms open wide, a beautiful song for a baby and the mother.

   "here's me," finn said as they stopped outside spanish room. robyn stopped for a slight second as she looked high up to finn, meeting his warm, brown eyes before glancing down at his soft lips that curled into a smile. "i'll see you later," robyn said as he looked down into her eyes as well, his cheeks still flushed.

   "y—yeah, later," finn replied before walking into the spanish class, backwards with his eyes still plastered onto robyn, he chuckled softly before walking into mr schue — robyn laughing before waving goodbye to both him and mr schue, walking towards her classroom.

🎤

   robyn stood with the others in the room, watching as finn sat besides quinn, confused as ever. "your fellow glee club members want to sing a song for you guys to let you know how they feel about you," mr schue said as they all began to crowd around. "what are you going to sing?" finn asked, his eyes reaching robyn "listen to it, you'll understand," robyn told him. finn nodded his head before mr schue began to lead them to sing.

"Sometimes in our lives
We all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow
Lean on me
When you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Please (please)
Swallow your pride (pride)
If I have things
You need to borrow
(For) for no one can fill
Those of your needs
That you won't let show
So just call (call) on me brother (hey)
When you need a hand (When you need a hand)
We all need (need) somebody to lean on
(I just might have a problem)
I just might have a problem that you'll understand
We all need somebody to lean on
Lean on me (hey)
When you're not strong (When you're not strong)
I'll be your friend (I'll be your friend)
I'll help you carry on (help you carry on)
For it wont be long (o it wont be long)
'Til I'm gonna need somebody to lean on
When you need a hand (when you need a hand)
We all need (need) somebody to lean on (somebody to lean on)
(I just might) I just might have a problem that you'll understand
We all need somebody to lean on
Lean on me
If (If)
There is a load (there is a load)
You have to bare (you have to bare)
That you can't carry
I'm (I'm higher) right up the road
I'll share your load
If you just call me
Call me (I'm calling)
Call me (when you need a friend)
Call me (call me)
Call me (call me) (when you need a friend)
Call me (when you need a friend)
Call me (if you need a friend)
Call me (any time of day)
Call me
It won't be long till I'm gonna need somebody to lean on, lean on, lean on
Lean on, lean on, lean on me, when you need a friend
Lean on, lean on, lean on me, lean on me
I'm gonna need (somebody) somebody to lean on
I'm gonna need somebody to lean on (somebody to lean on)
Yeah"

   by the end of the song, finn and quinn were emotional as they leaned against robyn. finn wrapped his arm around both of them, bringing them to lean on his shoulder. robyn looked up at him, gasping for breath as she finished the song alongside the dancing. 'i have to start working out again,' she said before leaving her eyesight of finn.