Arrested

Heya Guyss

Long Chapter Ahead. 

Happy Reading. 

After the wonderful proposal, everybody congratulated Kartik and Naira.  

Kartik couldn't wipe out his 100-volt smile but somewhere deep below he was feeling bad for Vedika. But that didn't even affect his happiness. Naira knew about this. 

He didn't know about Vedika. 

Naira was over the clouds. Kartik and she were holding their hands through the evening. 

The next few hours they spent greeting people and giving interviews. They knew they are going to be on the front page of all of the newspapers. 

After the party came to an end, only Gupta's, Singhania's, and Goenka's were present. 

Suddenly the atmosphere in the room became tense. 

Manish was about to speak but he was interrupted by Vedika who charged towards Naira with full rage. 

She was about to slap Naira but Keerti pulled her hand and slapped her very tightly. 

"Ow...How dare you hit me?" Vedika shouted at the person who hit her holding her cheek. 

"Awaz Neche Vedika. I also know how to shout. Also, you've lost all your rights to speak after what you've done." spoke Keerti keeping her voice low but was dangerous.

"What did I do, uh? It is this woman who spoiled my night and took away my fiancee. It was supposed to be Kartik's and mine party and announce our engagement but the bitch standing there spoiled everything." she shouted. 

"Not a word against my sister-in-law. I swear you will not be able to bear the consequences. " maintained her tone. 

"How dare you speak to my daughter like that uh? It was her who took away everything from my daughter tonight and you still blame my daughter? She is already married once but she divorced her husband and now she is telling that she loves Kartik. Such a slut." Vedika's mother spoke. 

Naksh went all mad hearing that and was about to reply to her but Kartik did. 

"How dare you speak about MY NAIRA like that? How dare you call her names? Accha nahi Hoga agar if you won't respect her. What do you even know about her?" Kartik said intertwining his finger switch Naira.  

"Kartik wait. Aunty, do you even know about your daughter first? Do you even know what she did in the first place? Keerti spoke. 

"My daughter is innocent. Tonight you all betrayed us, especially her."

"Innocent and your daughter? Oh please, it's a joke." Naira spoke out. 

"She's the worst person I know."

"How dare you bitch!" Vedika yelled at Naira. 

"VEDIKA mind your language varna accha, nahi Hoga. Ek Baar mein samaj nahi aata kya?" Kartik yelled back at Vedika. 

"You are shouting at me Kartik? What did I do to deserve this from you? I always helped you and gave you space but you? You don't even care about me. I stayed with you at the hospital all the time, helped you but you failed you recognize my efforts. All you care is about this woman who ignored you for months and gave you nothing else but pain. And now you tell that you love her? Really? Why even?Mujh mein kya kami hai?" Vedika burst at Kartik. 

Kartik immediately felt guilty.

Naira saw this and couldn't hold her anger anymore. 

"Yes, he loves me. Didn't you hear that earlier? And don't act all innocent, darling. Putting up an innocent face won't make you less of a murderer." Naira countered back Vedika.