21

"Put on your play tennis shoes." Miranda told her kids.

Miranda grabbed a blanket and folded it up.

The door bell rung and she yelled. "coming "

"Good morning." Ben chimed.

"Good morning." Miranda replied with a smile. She looked Ben up and down talking in his royal blue shirt and jeans with black shoes.

"Do you have a jacket?" Miranda asked.

"Yeah, it's in the car." Ben replied.

"Why do have this bag?" Ben asked looking at the size.

"Because, I needed to pack our lunch, water, snacks, the paper said they recommend a blanket, so I packed that, we also needed a first aid kit, sunscreen, bug spray, hand sanitizer, wipes, lotion." Miranda responded with a duh tone and Ben laughed.

He loved her blue jeans, dark pink shirt and brown boots she had on.
He wanted to tell her how good she looked but he didn't want to send her on a tangent.

The kids came down stairs and they embraced Ben. "Are you both excited about today?"

"Yes, I wanna pet the horse."

"And cow." Noah added.

"Pet them." Miranda remarked her eyes widen.

"Yes, it's a petty farm." Ben added.

"Jesus, let me make sure I have stuff for ringworms."

"Stop being so dramatic Miranda." Ben laughed loudly.

"I'm not, I'm being realistic." She huffed.

"Are you all ready to go. Ben you're driving." Miranda said poking his chest and leaving the bag for him to grab.

They arrived to the school and Miranda walked with Ben and the kids as they lead them to their class rooms which where right next door. Their classes would be on the same bus.

Miranda sat and listened to the instructions before they all waked out and got on the bus.

Ben looked at Miranda as she sat beside Noah and he smiled to himself. Still to this day he would have never thought that he would have two kids and be attending field trips.

He was ready for kids but nothing really prepares you for the love, joy, fun and teaching moments that came with it. It was a constant discovery and he was glad that he got to participate in this.

"What's you favorite farm animal cupcake?" Ben asked.

"I love all of them daddy."

"Really all of them?"

"Mmm-hmm all of them."

He should have known that. He wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to be a veterinarian when she became grown. She loved everything about animals. She even cared about the worms.

" what's yours daddy."

"Hmmm. I would have to say chicken."

"Why?"

"Because they are so versatile. You can use theirs eggs, meat, and feathers."

"What about spiders?" Naomi asked.

"That's not a farm animal princess."

"But Charlotte helped Wilber stay alive. He became the most famous pig."

Ben chuckled. "Yeah, but Charlotte was an insect.

"Yeah, but aren't insects animals."

"Yeah honey.

"And Charlotte lived on the farm so..."

"Dam." Ben thought to himself.

"Well technically she is a farm animal." Ben commented. His daughter reminded him of her mother so much. She was too smart for her own good.

"Your daughter is very intelligent and witty." Naomi's teacher commented, she was in the window seat in front of him. Clearly hearing their whole conversation.

Ben chuckled saying "thank you."

"I have the kids talk about what they did on the weekends and she shared that she loves baking and playing with you.... you’re a single parent?"

"She knows I love it just as much. She definitely has me wrapped around her finger and has sense the day she was born and I co parent with her mother...we switch off every other week." Ben answered.

"Oh okay.... are you divorced?" She asked.

"No, actually uh, me and her mother, just decided that wouldn't be together. We have a great relationship and didn't want to complicate things and mess it up. We work well together raising our twins." Ben answered sheepishly.

"What about you married, single or divorced." Ben added.

"I'm single." She said turning in her chair to look at him.

Ben gave her a wide grin. "Daddy. What's mommy favorite animal?"

"Uh honey, your mom doesn't like any of them." Ben said before laughing.

Miranda enjoyed the ride to the farm for the most part. It was an hour drive. She talked to Noah and watched him play on his tablet for majority of the time and she looked a few seats over to see Naomi's teacher keep turning in her seat to talk to Ben. Miranda didn't want to be nosey but she definitely wanted to know what they were talking about.

They arrived at the farm and the teacher told everyone to leave their bags on the bus and just bring their jackets. Miranda slid on her jean jacket and she grabbed her small cross body bag.

"You ready honey?" Miranda asked holding his hand.

They walked around the farm looking at all the different animals and listening to the farmers tell stories and information about every piece.

Miranda could barely focus though. Ben and the teacher seem to be getting real cozy and she walked around with him and her daughter.

She didn't like it one bit, the talking, laughing, smiles or anything. She blew out a breath and told herself don't worry about it and to just let it go.

But she couldn't, Miranda walked beside Ben as they petted the goats.
" So, you made a new friend." Miranda commented.

"Oh, that's just Naomi's teacher. Nothing there" Ben responded.

"She's real friendly." Miranda added.

"She's single too." Naomi said and Miranda's eyes widen before turning to look at Ben fully.

"And how would you know that baby girl?" Miranda gritted.

"She told daddy on the bus." Naomi said and Miranda raised her eyebrow at Ben. "Uh huh... nothing there.... right."

"Miranda that was-

"Inappropriate." Miranda cut him off.

"I can't help that women find me attractive and want me." Ben said and Miranda rolled her eyes.

"I have men hit on me constantly but I know there is a time and place for everything." Miranda whispered backing up from the kids as they talked.

"The problem is. You want me and you don't want to come to that conclusion, so you hate that people flirt with me and I'm not yours." Ben said smugly.

" No, the problem is you are flirting with our daughters teacher and if that goes bad then what. She will mistreat our kid and I will have to whoop her ass and report her to the school board. It's just unprofessional on her part and you haven't had sex in so long. You’re acting like a dog in heat."

"You don't know when the last time I had sex. It's big of you to assume you were the last person I slept with." Ben responded and Miranda gasped. Was he really having sex with someone?

"Oh, I know you have a history of sleeping with people no strings attached. I know that too well...are we seriously arguing at the dam farm on a school field trip." Miranda sighed.

"Let's have sex." Ben said looking at her, he wanted to laugh at her reaction.

"What...huh" Miranda stumbled standing there stuck.

Ben moved behind her and whispered in her ear. " See from your flustered reaction. I know what you feel for me. " Ben said smoothly.

"You're so dam arrogant." Miranda responded elbowing him hard in the stomach before walking to join the class.

Miranda looked up as Ben held a chicken in his hands and the kids were petting it.

"Come pet it, Miranda." Ben encouraged.

"Uh uh." Miranda shook her head.

"Miranda come on." Ben pleaded. "It won't hurt you." Ben added.

"Ben, I don't want to pet it because if it pecks me. It will be on my dinner table for Sunday." Miranda said dramatically.

The kids gasped and Ben laughed. "It won't."

Miranda walked over and reached her hand out petting its back up and down.

"See they are friendly." Ben smiled looking at her and that caused Miranda to smile.

Miranda reached for her phone and she took pictures of the kids and Ben holding the chicken before she took a selfie with all of them.

She actually could say she had a great time a the farm.