12

Miranda met Ben at the lobby of the hospital, he was holding red roses with purple lilies. Ben stared at Miranda’s yellow dress or her in the yellow dress. It was a plunge neck line skater dress. Her breast were sitting up, perky and her hair was pulled back and up in a clip as she left out her bang that was sitting on the right side. Her hair up was now his favorite but he also loved her half up half down hair style that she wore when she pulled her hair back. They were going to see Seattle at night. After Mirada told Ben that she barely got to check out the city because she just moved here and immediately went to work and the only thing she needed to know was where Wal-Mart was and clothing stores but as far as the rest she wasn’t concerned.

Miranda sat in the car with Ben and she smiled when a song from John legend’s Get lifted album played. “This whole album was the best you can play it all the way through, no skips.” Ben said and Miranda smiled and nodded her head before saying. “Exactly, this was and still is his best album.”

“When Kanye was sane. He produced some good stuff.” Ben replied and Miranda chuckled.

“Them Kardashians seem like they would make any one go crazy.” Miranda laughed.

“They are kinda like you in a way.” Ben thought.

“What? How so?” Miranda questioned sternly squinting her eyes.

“Beautiful women. Beautiful bodies, established and strong in their personality.” Ben answered.

“So are you saying I’m your Kardashian.” Miranda asked.

Ben thought about it. She was making him do things he never did. She had the power to make him go crazy.

“Yes and that’s not in a bad way.” Ben answered.

“I would hope not,” Miranda replied teasingly.

Ben took Miranda to this outdoor restaurant and they sat down and ate together. Talking back and forth about anything. Talking to Ben was so refreshing. He was so funny and so charming.
After dinner the two walked down town Seattle and walked through the outdoor museum.

“This is so neat.” Miranda marveled looking at all of the sculpted art.

They stood in front of this sculptor of a man and little boy. The man had his arms stretched out to the little boy and the little boy to the father

“This is called father and son. It was created in 2005. You see how the water is separating them when the fountain goes up, it’s because the author wanted to show a vulnerable situation and represent how they are striving to overcome the divide with their arms stretched out.” Ben explained and Miranda looked at it as she listened.

They continued walking and Ben slid his hand in hers. Miranda stopped at this big red (and) sign and she wondered why were the other letters  on the ground. “Did it fall?” Miranda questioned.

“No, it was created like this. You see the V in the back that’s connected to trees.” Ben asked and Miranda looked before saying “yeah.”

“This piece was created in 2005 and put here in 2006. There are seating composed of words and right there you can clearly see the two L’s on the ends of those chairs. The O as a table in the center between the two chairs. The white S laying slanted on the stone S. And the E is a table too.  Love and loss. The v in love is a tree because it represents that it will blossom seasonally, losing its leaves, it’s a reminder of nature’s cycling that mirrors human experience with love.”

“Wow.” Miranda commented as she thought about it clearly. “How do you know about all this?” Miranda asked.

“I researched it. I couldn’t just show up to this date unprepared.” Ben laughed and that caused Miranda to laugh loudly, hitting his arm. They continued to keep walking looking a different stuff and then they stooped at the rails watching the boats go bye.

“This is really nice, Seattle is actually a hidden gem. Thank you for taking me out here to experience this.”

“No problem, I had to make date 3 count “ Ben said sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

“3?” Miranda questioned.

“Yeah, lunch, o.r. and this “

“Oh yeah I didn’t know if we were counting lunch.”

“I’m counting everything.” Ben responded making Miranda chuckled.

“You’re a smart man.”

“And why is that Dr. Bailey.” Ben asked dazzling.

“Because I’m not kissing any man until about date 3.” Miranda stated slyly.

“Oh really?” Ben voiced playing along.

“Mmm-hmm.”

“Then this is dam sure date 3.” Ben confirmed.

Miranda giggled and stopped walking, turning to look him in the eyes.

“So whatcha gonna do about it Dr. Warren?” Miranda asked batting her eyelashes. Ben smiled and then reached out to pull her body close into his.

Ben leaned down and brushed his lips against hers. It felt like soft rain on a summer evening. It felt like an explosion of the best flavors in the universe all at once mingling together and creating the best taste and sensation they’ve ever felt. It felt like they weren’t in their own body anymore and in another universe floating. Miranda felt like she could get lost forever in Ben and she wasn’t really sure how, but she was, and it’s only through kissing, It’s amazing with the right person.

At first the kiss was small, gentle and very meaningful her lips brushed his, softly, delicately, like butterfly wings, just long enough that he could inhale her breath, feel the warmth of her skin, and the taste of her lipstick lingered far after she had gone. Ben leaned down once again and he kissed her like she wanted to be kissed, like no man had ever kissed her, soft and moist, hot and breathy, not trying to win a battle but seeking union and closeness and the sharing of one breath, one sensation, one timeless and passionate moment. The heat rose in her cheeks as her tongue touched Ben’s tongue, quick and electric and delicious, then firmer, more determined, more curious about the heat that lay within, seeking to chase down that elusive liquid lightning that reached through both of them, they tasted each other tentatively with their tongues. But then it grew bigger and more intense, his lips mashed against hers, as if trying to flatten and destroy her mouth. Miranda hungrily pushed back, her mouth open, tongue pushing past his clenched teeth to the moist space within. The bristles of his beard scratched against her soft cheeks as she gripped his head firmly, as if to keep him from escaping. She worked her mouth against his, their tongues battling back and forth like wrestlers, each trying to pin the other.

Miranda stood on her toes to push herself into him more before wrapping her arms around his neck. Ben put his hand on her lower back and his other behind her neck, angling her, where he needed her. Miranda moved her hands to the sides of his face and cupped it as she moved her mouth against his. There was nothing to describe this other than the best, they broke apart once more for air and Ben reached down and grabbed her hands intertwining them.

Just as quickly as her hands laced with his, he kissed her again. She responded with such enthusiasm that he was taken aback at first, but regained his composure and reminded himself of what was happening; he was really kissing her, she was really kissing him, and the world around them was meaningless.

Nothing could have possibly meant more than them, nothing could have more beauty than this moment: those small hands pressed into his, the way her round eyes fluttered to a close. She fit into him like a glove, her kiss like the beating of a butterfly’s wings, soft until it became addictive. It was the murmuring, cool breeze of a summer evening; it was falling asleep to the faint noises of the Burrow; it was a red, blazing fire, yet a gentle, trickling rain all at once and he was falling fast, craving her scent and the feel of her so close to him, unsure where he ended and she began. He had never been more grateful to have life until now. He would have rather walk into hell than to loose this and this made him felt guilty about what he was doing and keeping from her. He couldn’t loose her, her entrancing eyes, her captivating smile against his lips, her laugh when he did something stupid, her hair and how it fell over her shoulder when she looked at him, her raspy voice when they meet for coffee in the mornings, and her hands, those tiny hands, conforming and loosening to his calloused fingers in perfect rhythm with him.

Ben had an odd sensation at his stomach pulling him to her, inexplicably drawn to her. His inner gravity was tugging at him, dragging him closer and closer to her, as if she was the sun in his orbit

They broke apart for the last time and rested their foreheads against one another. “Dam.” Miranda mumbled and Ben nodded “Exactly.”

Ben looked down as his phone started ringing. “ Excuse me for a second.” Ben said and answered.

“Hey brother, what’s up.”

“I was wondering if you could come help me. I got a flat tire.”

“See how this wouldn’t be a problem if you would have let me show you how to do it years ago. When I was trying to.”

“Okay and you are right.”

“why don’t you just call triple A.” Ben asked not wanting to leave Miranda’s presence.

“Benji please and I did call them. They won’t be here for an hour. You can’t be to far and you’ll get it done before the hour.”

Ben blew out a breath and he looked down when Miranda elbowed him. “Go help your brother and I’ll ride with you.” Miranda whispered.

“Fine I’m on the way. Send me your location “ Ben relented. He walked Miranda to the car and opened the door for her.
Ben drove and they both sung along to the music until they saw Curt on the side of the road.

Ben pulled over to the side and parked behind him leaving his lights on so he could see.

“Hey Benji” Curt greeted as Miranda got out.

“Aww Benji.” Miranda smiled.

Curt turned to looked at Miranda and she watched as his eyes widen.
“Hi, I’m Doctor-

“Let me guess, Miranda Bailey.” Curt finished.

“ Yes.”

“It’s so nice to meet you Miranda. I’m Benjamin’s brother and yes, he has mentioned you before.” Curt added.

Ben knew that his brother was disappointed because he told him not to see her anymore. “All good things. I hope.” Miranda smiled as Ben went to his brothers trunk and pulled out the spare tire. He went to his own car trunk and pulled out a black bag before walking back over.

Miranda sat and talked to Curt but ultimately kept her eyes on Ben as he worked. He was making the car lift higher on the left side with the jack and then began to unscrew the tire. Once that was complete he took the tire off and placed the spare tire on and began to screw it on tightly using the bolts. It took him ten minutes tops and he was lowering the car back down.

“Alright your all set little brother.” Ben teased.

“Thank man. I love you so much. “ Curt praised. “And I definitely will be calling you later.” He added.
“It was very nice meeting you Miranda.” Curt stated.

“It was nice meeting you too, have a great night.” Miranda voiced with smile.

Miranda got back into the car and she reached in her purse for wipes and handed them to Ben, so he could wipe his hands clean before handing him hand sanitizer.

“Thank you so much.” Ben stated and Miranda nodded.

“You’re good with your hands…I like that.” Miranda told him.

“Thank you.” Ben said awkwardly. She would have said that if he was the therapist right now too.

“I mean, most doctors you know just work on patients but you are quite the handy man too. It’s nice to know that if theirs a problem with cars or house wise you could fix it. “ Miranda cleaned up.

“I don’t know if your brother likes me. He look shocked, like I wasn’t supposed to be with you and not the kind of shock like oh my brother has a girlfriend but the shock of why is it her.” Miranda sighed.

“No I don’t think that was the case. He likes you.” Ben stated firmly and here it was again the guilt eating him up.

“Miranda I need to talk to you about something.” Ben said seriously.

“It’s it because I just used the word girlfriend I know we didn’t establish that. I was just using that as an example and I know we are friends and-

Ben sighed inwardly. “No Miranda, what you said was fine. I was gonna say.
“So you are cool with me saying girlfriend? “ Miranda chimed questioning.

“Yes, Miranda and I’m glad you said it first, I don’t want to be your friend. I have enough of those.” Ben stated looking at her intently.

Miranda smiled and leaned over to brush her lips against his and sighed because he knew he couldn’t tell her tonight.