Chapter Twenty

"Zu?" 

Izuku's breathe hitched as he flicked his head up, looking through blurred eyes at the small shadow in front of him. He tried to swallow the air, but instead his chest gave a spasm. He flinched as a hand grazed his cheek, sending shocks through him.

"Zu." The voice was firmer, and Izuku felt a pressure on his chest, a small weight above his sternum. It was enough to ground him, and Izuku steadily caught his breathe. When his eyes cleared and mind un-fogged, he stared into the eyes of a worried Cheo.

"You awake now Izu?" 

Izuku swallowed, nodding and pulling his knees away from his chest, crossing them and ruffling the kids hair. His hand was still firmly on his chest, and only now Izuku noticed the slight tapping. "Yes, th-thank you Cheo. How'd yo-you k-know to do that?"

The boy smiled. "Big Bro taught me! Said it might help people, but sometimes they might not want to be touched and then I've just gotta talk to them!"

Izuku moved into a crouch, pushing a wobbly smile onto his face. "Sp-Speaking off, wh-where is your bro-brother?" The boy looked down guiltily then, shuffling slightly. 

"I - ha - I sneaked from the Teacher's lounge. I wanted to see the events for real and not on television."

Izuku sighed, pushing to standing and popping his back. "Co-Come one then. I'll t-take you back." The boy nodded, trailing next to Izuku and falling into a small rant. Izuku laughed, occasionally adding in his own input.

"Are you coming to training tonight?" Grimacing, Izuku shook his head. "Not to-tonight. I th-think Mrs Nozomi wou-would kill me." The boy pursed his lips, before grinning. "I'd pr-protect you!"

Izuku ruffled his hair. "I'm sur-sure you would Hot Rod. But I a-am trai-training to be a He-Hero myself." The boy grinned wider, clapping his hands. "Hero Deku! The Underdog hero! What does Underdog mean?!"

Izuku smiled, thinking to the name he'd had for years. "Someone who-whose looked down o-on but wins. At le-least that's what Kisan told me." 

The boy frowned. "Why are you looked down on?" Damn, Izuku realised, kids are full of questions. 

"I'm Qu-Quirkless." Cheo stopped, eyebrows furrowed. "That's stupid. Loads of people have useless Quirks. People are stupid."

Before Izuku could reply, the door of the lounge opened and Snipe crossed his arms. "Cheo, in now. Midoriya, thank you. You may go." Bowing, waving bye to the pale kid, he left for the stalls, ready for his next battle.

At least, he tried. Just Izuku's luck.

He froze as a large body stepped in front of them, the hot wisps from the fire burning his nose slightly. 

He yelped, jumping back a little as his eyes met harsh - cold - blue ones. "Endeavor?!"

The man cast him a glare, stopping movement and scowling. "The Quirkless boy. I was looking for you."

Izuku took another step back as the Hero took one forward, nervousness seeping through his body.

"O-Oh yeah, H-Hi? So wh- So What are you d-doing back here?" Another step forward, and another one back.

"I watched your fight against the brainwashing guy." His arm was raised, and Izuku felt his hands twitch towards his belt. "Your skill is quite impressive, for a Quirkless boy." The constant reminder; the Quirkless boy. 

"I thought UA was ridiculous, enrolling a boy without a Quirk. A charity stunt. But you've proven yourself to be a stepping stone. It's disgusting. The way you move, it's much like the Underground Hero Eraserhead."

Izuku tensed, looking down and away. That was genetics - the pursuit of gymnastics in both - and the little training he and Hitoshi had from what they new of their Uncle. 

"O-Oh, well, u-um, I gu-guess I nev-never thought about i-it that way. Sorry but I sh-should get going."

He began to round the Hero, hands clenched by his sides. 

"Shoto will pass All Might and become the next Number One Hero. His fight, with you next, will show me and the World the true training of a Hero. So make sure you add your flips and tricks;  don't disgrace him by holding back."

He began to walk away, and Izuku grit his teeth, eyes clenched shut. "I am not Eraserhead."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"And the same goes for Todoroki." Izuku looked over his shoulder, glaring. "He may be your son, but he isn't you."

Izuku held eye contact for a few more seconds, before walking away, anger building up in his system. He wasn't going to roll over - he wasn't about to let his classmate either.

============

I'm Back! 

Sorry it's been so long my Little Disappointments! I've had a few essays and course work pieces I've been occupied and it was my birthday the other day! 

I'm 17, legally able to drive (it's not going well lol)

Hope you are all well! Hopefully updates will be more regularly!!