Chapter Twelve

"Dude! He looks like a mummy!"

Denki yelped as Katsuki hit him up the back of the head, hissing to him. Izuku laughed lightly and shook his head. They'd been officially released from the hospital, told to relax for a few days, and Izuku's had thought calling his friends over would help him.

He supposed they were right, but he couldn't help but run his eyes over them, assessing for any sign of injury.

"N-No, it's fin-fine Kacchan. It's bet-better than-" He cut off quickly, looking down and running his hand along Paws. He assessed the boys again as they flopped into the bean bags. 

"Stop it."

His eyes ran to Katsuki, who was scowling. Denki furrowed his eyebrows.

"Stop trying to look for the injuries that don't exist. We're fine. You look like shit." Izuku shrugged, leaning against the wall and tried to drag his eyes away. The blonde was right, and as much as Izuku hated it, he'd have to listen to the boy once again. He gave a stuttered laugh. 

"It's the Sports festival soon."

Denki grinned. "I know right dude! It's gonna be so awesome! I'm gonna kick ass!" Izuku laughed, and Katsuki glared.

"I'mma win you fucking moron." Denki leaned forward, poking Katsuki's cheek. "Awe, come on 'Kacchan', do you not believe in me?"

Rage filled the boys face and he leapt forward, both of them rolling around the floor. Izuku doubled over in laughter. "Kisan! Ka-Kacchan! If Unkie he-hears we'll g-get in trouble!"

Both boys froze, looking at Izuku with a sudden devilish glint. The boy raised his arm and pointed to the Hearing Aids. "Wa-Wait! I'm inj-injured! Wai-Wait!"

He giggled as the boys leapt to him, Paws running to sit on the bean bags, and lay over him. They were careful how they did so, avoiding his injures, but pinning him otherwise.

He sighed.

"So Zukun, you gonna need them forever?" A finger tapped the plastic in his ear and he swatted it away the best he could. "Careful Ki-Kisan, and ma-maybe. Over time m-my hearing mi-might get bet-better but it'll al-always be damaged."

The blonde laughed loudly, purposefully. "Does that mean we'll have to speak loudly?!" He was hit by Katsuki.

"N-No, yo-you can sp-speak normally. I'll ju-just need to b-be looking i-in your dir-direction." 

Hitoshi opened the door, raising an eyebrow as he glanced from his phone. "Uncle Hizashi says dinner's done." Izuku squirmed. "I'm st-stuck."

The boy shrugged. "Sounds like a you problem." A desperate look clouded the boys features as his friends seemed to get heavier.

"Wa-Wait! Toshi! C-Come on! You ow-owe me reme-remember?!" The eyebrow got higher. "Do you?" Izuku nodded, eyes glinting. "The-Three weeks and four days ag-ago I h-hid the las-last bit of co-coffee from Un-Unkie for yo-you!" 

There was a tense silence, and Hitoshi shot forward, leaning over and slamming a hand over Denki's mouth as he burst out in laughter. "Tell anyone and I'll sell your baby photo's." The boy froze, and Hitoshi dragged him off, Katsuki pulling off himself.

"Don;t touch me eye-bags." 

Denki laughed. "Zukun had bigger eye bags than Hitoshi!" Grumbling, Izuku slid off the bed, hissing as he pressed weight to his wrist. He ignored the sympathetic looks. Hitoshi froze suddenly, paling. "Izuku, Uncle Hizashi made dinner."

Izuku turned green. "I'll order."

_____________

Izuku gnawed on his lip, spinning to face the wall and pull the blanket closer around his body.

He'd repeated this since he and Denki has settled for bed - Katsuki had had to get home - and it was now nearing four in the morning. He couldn't sleep, again. Every time his eyes closed he saw the broken face. 

Sitting up slowly, Izuku tugged the hoodie over his head and crawled off the bed, avoiding Denki - who had slipped onto the floor. It usually happened and they'd stated putting a mattress down. He still insisted on sleeping besides Izuku though - it was nice. Something they'd always done. 

Dropping the blanket onto the snoring boy, Izuku could just hear the noise, he grabbed the box with his hearing aids in and headed for the kitchen.

He wasn't expecting to see his Unkie there, Stray sitting on the table and rubbing against his arm. Onyx met green, and Izuku hurried to put his aids in.

"What are you doing awake Lettuce?" Izuku shrugged, settling into the chair opposite and smiling as Paws jumped to his lap - he was sure she had been asleep on the end of the bed when he left. 

"Kisan ki-kicked me aw-awake." He knew his Unkie spotted the lie, but the man didn't push. 

"You're Uncle kicked me too."

Izuku smiled softly, sinking into the seat a little. The silence was comforting.

"You can have a Marshmallow." Izuku smiled softly, heart swelling slightly.

"Marshmallow." He echoed.