Chapter 17

Sunday, 11:05 pm.

Kai opened the door and stumbled inside. He was about to walk into the house even further before he realized he still had to close the door. So he turned back around and kicked the door into the lock with his foot. After releasing his feet from his shoes, he yawned.

He had just arrived back from Skylor's and they had a lot of fun together (not that type, though). They had gone to visit Skylor's father, James Chen.

He was the owner of the most famous noodle factory in all of Ninjago. He owned multiples of restaurants all over the country. The brand was called 'Chen's Noodle Empire'.

Skylor had once told Kai that her father had named the place after their family name so that one day, she would inherit everything once her father would die in the future.

She wasn't too keen on the idea, but since she'd been wanting to become a business woman once she graduated from college in the future, she thought it was okay.

Kai found the idea of her wanting to work quite hot. Definitely hotter than her being a housewife. Why was he thinking that, you may ask. Well, he was planning on dropping an interesting question in the near future, to say the least.

That was also mainly the reason why the two went to see his girlfriend's father. She, of course, had no idea of his intentions. Once she had gone to the bathroom, Kai took that opportunity to get her father's blessing.

And after lots of warnings, and praises, he managed to convince him and got his blessing.

Skylor's mother had died in a car accident when she was only a few months old, so he didn't have to go to her, too. However, since it felt wrong not to, Kai had gone over to the graveyard on the south of Ninjago and visited her mother's grave about a week ago.

He had brought her some flowers he had bought from a florist on the way, and put them in front of her gravestone. He had crouched down in front of her grave and pulled out the ring and showed it to the gravestone. "Hello Mrs Chen," He had said. "I know I've come here quite a few times with your daughter, but as you may see, or not, I'm alone today. I have been with your daughter for almost two years now, and I love her. I love her a lot. And I know that there's nothing going to happen now, but I wanted to come and tell you that I'm planning on proposing to her. I wanted to come to you and get your blessing, even though I know you won't be able to answer. However, I'll promise to protect her at all costs and love her until the end. And believe me, I don't make a lot of promises because I'm scared of not being able to keep them, but once I do, I'm positive I'll keep 'em. Your daughter is beautiful, both on the inside, and on the outside, and I'm glad that she's the one my heart decided to choose. I promise I'll treat her with respect and love and always be there for her."

Then he had stood up, put the box back into his pocket, and sighed. "I wish you could've been present at our wedding- if she says 'yes', of course. Goodbye for now, Mrs Chen." He had smiled as he had walked away.

Right on that same day, Kai had visited his parents graves as well to tell them. Once he had arrived, he crouched down in front of their graves that were right next to each other's. "Hey mum, hey dad," He sadly smiled. "I have something to tell you. You know I've already told you that I have a girlfriend, but I think my time has come now to officially call her mine. How? Look," He had pulled out the ring and held it out. "I've bought her a ring. Yeah, I'm gonna propose to her soon, and you guys have no idea how excited I am." Then he had put the ring away again. A small tear rolled down his cheek. "Why did you have to get on that plane?" He had wondered, wiping his tears away with his open palms. "Anyways, I'll come and tell you after she says 'yes', hopefully. Oh, and Nya's doing fine, by the way. Jay's a good guy, but I'm still going to protect her, just in case. Don't worry. See you soon!" Then he had driven back home.