Chapter 10

Monday, 14:14 pm.

"Now that everyone has finally changed into their sport's clothes, I would like to tell all of you why we've decided to combine our PE and Science classes." Coach Humphrey stated. He was walking back and forth between the two classes that were in a straight line, standing on the football field. His hands were in each other behind his back.

"As you may know, the twenty-fourth annual sport's championship, in which all high schools in town will participate in, will take place in less than thirty days. Humphrey needed more students to participate, and seeing that I have lots of sporty students in my class, we've decided to replace your Science classes with PE." Mr Bonning, Skylor's Science teacher, continued.

A girl lifted her hand, a question on her mind. The teacher nodded, allowing her to speak. "How will we be graded for Science?" Rachel asked. She was one of the only students to really try to keep her grades on straight A's, and something like this was not planned by her at all.

"That is a good question, Rachel. Since I am officially no PE teacher, what we'll be doing in PE won't affect your grade. I will look at how you have been participating in class from the prior weeks and months and grade you based on that. However, those students, who are not satisfied with what their grade is gonna be, will get the chance to write an exam to improve it. You'll get further information on that later."

Coach Humphrey stepped forward, looking every one of his students dead in the eye. "But don't think that just because you won't be graded doesn't mean you don't have to do anything." Then he stopped in his tracks and leaned forward to one of the smaller girls in class and looked specifically her in the eyes while he continued. "This is my class, and there's no lazy butts in my class." He narrowed his eyes at her as she gulped and leaned backwards, smelling his lightly alcoholic breath. "What you'll be doing here will be added to your additional cooperation's place on your school report cards." Then he drew his face back and the girl let out a sigh of relief.

"In these next one and a half hour, you'll be able to choose on what kind of sport you want to participate in and you will have to stick with it, so there's no going back once you've already chosen." The Science teacher informed them as he went up to the students to hand each one a copied piece of paper on which the sports were listed.

After Nya got to take a look on the list, the first things she read through were sports like archery, athletics, boxing, climbing, and so on. There were things she had never tried before like archery, things that were too violent for her like boxing, and things she was good at but avoided like any types of athletics and gymnastics.

Once her gaze landed upon one single word, she began to smile.

Skylor, who was standing right next to her, seemed to notice. "What are you so excited about?" She whispered into her ear.

"Look," Nya pointed at the word with her pointer finger on her paper. "I can do swimming. You know how much I love to swim!" She said in a hushed, excited tone to not catch the teachers' attention.

The redhead looked at her best friend. "Yeah, I kinda remember all your medals hanging in your closet." She playfully rolled her eyes, laughing.

"You know, if I didn't have to quit, I'd be one of Ninjago's best swimmers ever." Nya stated sadly.

"I know that." Skylor chuckled. "But you're older now. And as you've said, you never really saw swimming as your future career."

"Yeah, but I still liked it." She answered before her eyes lit up again. "But now I can continue without any problems, even if it's only for a few weeks." She cheered quietly.