Chapter 8

Monday, 01:02 pm.

Walking down the crowded hallway, Nya clung tightly to the books she was holding against her chest. She was headed towards her locker.

Since it was a Monday, Nya didn't have any classes together with Skylor, unfortunately for her. Yes, Nya was a people-person, but she was still a little bit shy around people she barely knew.

And she also hadn't seen him ever since the school began that morning which made her day a little bit gloomy, she couldn't deny that.

Stopping in front of a blue locker, she pulled out a key and opened it. Just as its door opened, something came flying out immediately.

She looked at the floor to see a red rose with something attached to its stem. A small smile growing on her face, she bent down and grabbed it while slowly standing back up. She made sure to cover herself with the door of her locker before she took a close look at the beautiful, red rose in her hands. It didn't have any thorns which was a good thing, considering she immediately grabbed it tightly. There was a small, blue note attached to its stem with a little, green thread.

Ripping the note out of the rose's stem, Nya unfolded it to recognize the slightly messy handwriting immediately. She smiled as she read through the message.

"Hey! I've looked at both of our schedules and saw that we'd probably not see each other for many hours, so I put this in your locker. Hope you'll like it! Also, I have something for you, it'd be great if you could come to the janitor's closet in the lunch break if you haven't planned anything yet. I'll be waiting there. It's also fine if you can't come, don't worry :D
Yours, Jay<3 "

Nya smiled like crazy at the last few sentences. He could have texted her instead of organizing all of this, but Jay's always been that type of man.

"And here they say romance is dead." Nya murmured to herself as she quickly closed her locker.

Locking it back up, Nya looked at the time on her phone. 01:04 pm. She smiled, realizing she wouldn't be that late.

So she headed to the west side of the huge building. She passed many open classrooms and doors before she finally arrived at the janitor's closet. The door was closed, and usually always locked, so she looked both right and left to see no student to her luck, and grabbed onto the door knob before slowly turning it to the side. The door was actually open.

Once she looked inside, the first thing that caught her eye was Jay pacing around. He probably didn't even realize she was already inside, due to him still not stopping in his tracks.

The closet wasn't that big, though it wasn't unbearably small either. It was somewhere in-between. There were many cleaning utensils and laundry detergents and a big supply of toilet paper rolls everywhere.

She rolled her eyes at her boyfriend's behavior. So, in an attempt to stop him, she cleared her throat.

Jay's head shot up and into her direction, his eyes wide at first. But when he realized it was her, a big smile developed on his face.

"Hey." He said, rushing over to her to pull her into a hug.

She melted into his touch. "Hi." She greeted back. "I just read your note, I hope you didn't have to wait for too long." She said after pulling away.

"Oh, no, no, no. Don't worry about it." He smiled.

She smiled. "So, why'd you want me to come here?" She asked, looking around the closet.