Chapter 3

Friday, 07:58 am.

"I hope it's not gonna be boring." Skylor sighed as they walked up the stairs.

"I don't think so. I like Physics." Nya answered sincerely.

Her friend smirked. "Are you sure you like Physics class and not a certain Physics teacher?"

Nya shot daggers at her. "Skylor, enough. You know I've always liked Physics class, even before we got a new teacher."

"I know, but there's something telling me that it won't take long for you to accept your crush." The redhead whispered as they came closer to the classroom.

Nya stopped in her tracks, holding Skylor by her wrist tightly. "I'm serious, stop. I'm not interested in finding a boyfriend soon, so that's not gonna happen." She said through gritted teeth and then let go.

Skylor rolled her eyes and started to walk again. "We'll see about that, sweetie."

When they were only a few steps away from the classroom, they both stopped talking. As they entered the class, Skylor walked in the front again and Nya was the last one to step in. Her eyes locked with Mr Walker's immediately and this time, both smiled to each other. Nya then walked over to her seat and sat down, taking out her book from her bag. Then Mr Walker began his class right after the bell rang.

Halfway through the class, they were all assigned to solve some mathematical equations for a certain project, but Nya had something better to do. She looked to her left to see Skylor trying to solve the equation while frowning to herself as she was scratching her forehead. Nya then grabbed a small, bright orange sticky note and quickly wrote down her address on it, smiling dreamily at the thought of the next day.

After she was done writing down her personal information, she put the sticky note under her notebook so that no one could see it and started to solve the equation like all the other students. The teacher was sitting at his desk, typing his plans for the upcoming project into his laptop, but what Nya wasn't aware of was that Jay looked at her quite a lot. So much that it came to a point in which he had to delete a whole paragraph and rewrite it because he was at a loss of concentration.

At the end of the class, when the bell announced the beginning of the break, all students started to pack their things and made their way out. Nya packed her things very slowly so that she intentionally was one of the last ones again. This time, she was intentionally walking past the teacher's desk. She forced back a smile when she saw Jay beaming at her as she came closer. She had her sticky note ready in the palm of her hand and while she was walking right in front of his desk, she quickly stuck the note onto his open laptop and walked past. When she was at the doorframe, she looked behind her to see him looking at the note dreamily. He looked at her, both giving each other lovely smiles. Then she left.

~ the next day ~

Saturday, 7:30 am.

Groaning, she turned in her bed and reached for the beeping alarm clock on her nightstand. Aimlessly smashing her hand for a few times onto the wooden surface, and hitting her phone quite a lot in the process, she finally managed to shut down her alarm clock.

She rolled back onto her side, trying to find a good sleeping position again. Her eyebrows creased as she thought about why she would set an alarm clock for a Saturday morning. Relaxing her facial muscles again, she let go of the thought and felt herself drifting off again.

Wait a second.

Nya's eyes shot up, as well as her whole body seconds later. She had a date with- wait, it wasn't a date, they were going to hang out. Just like friends. No one said it was a date, why would she think that?!